Indiana Babies
Options

I never have enough room on my "buffet" table. :(

Where am I supposed to put the cranberry sauce?  And lets not even talk about dessert.

I wish I had *real* furniture this time of year.

::shoots scathing look at skinny long folding table::

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011

Re: I never have enough room on my "buffet" table. :(

• Options
    Awww! I think that's going to happen to us, too. Do you have any cake stands? You could stagger the food on things like that to create more room - kinda like when you go our for pizza at Roccos and they put the pizza on that stand thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    aw :( I wish I had a buffet table too!  We'll probably just self-serve from the kitchen counters ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I expect my kitchen to look like it puked thanksgiving - you are brave to go w/ the counters!

I do have a cake stand... maybe I'll try that.  I tried a 3-tier thinger, but I don't have 3 "finger food" grabby things to put on it, just buns.

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options

Oh yeah, I'm all about the vertical serving trays!!

I bought a "plate stacker" at Target a couple years ago that will hold three standard-sized plates directly over each other (with about 4-5" clearance between them) - it works great for apps or bite-sized desserts. I bought three pretty red glass plates for it - all super cheap and space-savy.

I've also used the windowsill that sits behind our buffet as storage...

If you have to ditch something, I'd make it either the drinks or desserts... People can get their drinks beforehand, and you can clear the way afterward for some of the desserts. Or put desserts directly on the dinner table. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ha good point!! I guess we'll see what happens!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"