December 2012 Moms
Options

Any bakery workers?

Hey! I'm a baker and I'm just wondering if any of you work in bakeries? How are you dealing with the smells?!  Do you already fantasize about doing the baby's first birthday cake? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any bakery workers?

• Options

Me! I'm a baker - I work in a full kitchen, so I get a whole slew of smells and it's driving me nuts.

I can't even look at cakes, and I have 1,800 cupcakes to make by Sunday. So the thought of making the 1st b-day cake won't happen for awhile. 

I tend to work really long shifts so I have to make sure I take lots of "breaks", drink lots of water, and eat snacks! 

• Options

I bake cupcakes as a side job and I am now repulsed by cupcakes. I made 115 for my sisters wedding last weekend and it was difficult. Something about the smell of butter makes me gag. Also, seeing the cupcake frosted makes me feel sick also. 

This is so crazy to me since before I was pregnant I ate a cupcake for dessert almost every night. So unfortunately, dreaming of my baby's first birthday cake will have to wait awhile. 

Started dating 11/1/02 Married 11/1/08 Start TTC 6/21/2011
    BFP #1 12/24/11 EDD 9/5/12 MC 1/14/12 @ 6w 3d
    BFP #2 3/28/12 EDD changed to 12/7/12 Beta #1 9DPO 29 Beta #2 11DPO 121
    It's a GIRL!
    My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I used to be a baker, can imagine the smells would be really unsettling! Anything egg-based is making me want to vom lately :P

Haven't been thinking about the first birthday cake yet, but it's going to be awesome!

What a coincidence that the four of us are in our 9th week!

*edited to say the four of us!

• Options

Oh wow! That has to suck, I hope m/s goes away soon!! I can't take the smell of bread or donuts and sadly I can't get away from those. It's awesome that you get to cakes, even if they make you feel crappy right now. Did you go to school to learn decorating techniques? I'm teaching myself.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"