January 2012 Moms

Mercury-autism-monkeys?

So I'm aware of the vaccine debate, but I was reading an article that claims a study was done with monkeys that showed a link between the vaccines and autism. My question is how the heck do you tell if a monkey has autism? I'm not making a claim for either side of the debate, I just think this sounds fishy. I hope they can do more studies on autism and get to the bottom of it! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Mercury-autism-monkeys?

• I'm with you on this!

Btw,I was born and raised in a former communist country, and let me tell you, babies and children went through mandatory vaccination all the time (I remember at school, doctors came and we were vaccinated every few years) and yet the autism rate was and is still proportionately lower than in the US.I'm just saying...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's bunk. Utterly and completely. Vaccines and the ingredients therein do not cause autism. The "study" that started this whole debate has been disproven time and time again. In addition, mercury has been removed from all vaccines.

I feel very strongly about this issue. My grandfather had polio and a deformed arm as a result of it. Mumps and measles can kill and these diseases are still prevelant in other countries. There have also been outbreaks in the US. Children have died as a result. 

Vaccinate your kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So.. I haven't read the article, but some signs of autism that could be observed would be lack of social interaction, repetitive movements like hitting their head, wringing/shaking their hands... These are typical behaviors that people with autism show ad I would assume that a monkey with autism would likely show some of the same types of behaviors.

That said, monkeys with autism is not a good enough reason not to vax my children.   This will likely be an ongoing debate for years to come, but until there is definitive proof, I will vax my children because I don't want them to suffer and preventable diseases with devastating effects.

• imageSmittyPants:

It's bunk. Utterly and completely. Vaccines and the ingredients therein do not cause autism. The "study" that started this whole debate has been disproven time and time again. In addition, mercury has been removed from all vaccines.

I feel very strongly about this issue. My grandfather had polio and a deformed arm as a result of it. Mumps and measles can kill and these diseases are still prevelant in other countries. There have also been outbreaks in the US. Children have died as a result. 

Vaccinate your kids.

Yes

DD 1.18.2012
  • Totally agree with what's been said.  The one researcher who published data about the link between autism and vaccines was found to have falsified his data.  There is a huge medical consensus that vaccines do not cause autism. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with all of you! Vaccinate your kids!
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"