May 2012 Moms

Anyone else still working..

And tired of getting asked "you're still here??" I've gotten this for the last week or so and I'm about sick of it.. I'm tired, uncomfortable, and really not in the mood to have the fact that I'm still at work and hugely pregnant pointed out to me, thanks. I love my co-workers (well, most of them) and I feel terrible when I'm short with them, but I can't help it at this point. My angry mouth just opens before I can stop it. They should just learn to keep their dumb questions to themselves. Obviously, I'm at work. Obviously, I'm still pregnant.

Am I the only one?

Change everything. Love & Forgive.

BFP 9/22/10, mc confirmed 10/31/10
4 month break from TTC
BFP #2 3/17/11, CP confirmed 3/22/10
BFP #3 9/7/11 Stick, baby, stick!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else still working..

• YES, I couldn't be more with you.  Every day it's the same thing:  I feel like I'm in the movie "Groundhog Day".  I HATE the "you're still here?" bit!!!  You are definitely not the only one.....people are just rude, most have no filters (at least from what I can see)

• I am! However I am going to be 37 weeks this week! My EDD is May 30th and I put my notice that my last day of work would be Friday May 25th! I will be a little over 39 weeks then (I think I might be crazy)!  People are bothering me like crazy too and I am so... tired by the end of the day. My back is starting to hurt and the dr. thinks the baby is sitting on a nerve which is causing numbness in the top of my belly (they already checked my gallbladders its not that)..... I feel your pain and I wish you all the best :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • agreed! i am due on friday and on the schedule to work until then. what is bothering me more than the "you're still pregnant?" stupid questions is the comments i get on how i haven't dropped yet and it's not going to happen soon like everyone is an expert on how my body is working. super annoying.

• Nope your not...I'm still at work...& at first all the little comments & questions didn't bother ne & it was easy to just answer them without sounding mean or short...but now its getting old...my favorite one "are you getting excited yet" & of course I have to be nice & smile & say yes & try to come up with a reason why i'm so excited but all i really wanna say is "No I've actually been dreading his arrival for the past 9 months...yes we tried for him & he was planned but now that he is coming i wish he wasn't" is all i wanna say to them...just so i can see their mouth drop open! lol!
  • I am almost 39 Weeks and still getting the lovely comments. "You haven't had that baby yet?" ," When are you gonna pop?" " Why are you still here?"....ooooooh how I love the comments -___- I've manage to keep my comments to myself...for maternity leave is 8 days aways Cool

• imagedaisy080187:
    Nope your not...I'm still at work...& at first all the little comments & questions didn't bother ne & it was easy to just answer them without sounding mean or short...but now its getting old...my favorite one "are you getting excited yet" & of course I have to be nice & smile & say yes & try to come up with a reason why i'm so excited but all i really wanna say is "No I've actually been dreading his arrival for the past 9 months...yes we tried for him & he was planned but now that he is coming i wish he wasn't" is all i wanna say to them...just so i can see their mouth drop open! lol!

I get the "dropped" comments all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love when I come in on Monday and they say "oh you dropped over the weekend" then on Wed I wear a dress and they say "oh your back up" wtf does that mean you crazy people!  Also one of my personal favs is "oh I hope you make it till your due date cause I don't want to deliever your baby for you" Um.... yea your not gonna deliever my baby or see my lady bits you crepo LOL....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I am, but only until Thursday. I am so uncomfortable! And it's super boring here. Thankfully my coworkers haven't been bothering me too much.
  • I am fortunate that I started working from home last week. I still get emails asking if I'm still around etc, but it isn't nearly as annoying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm still working, but my last day is Friday. I see a lot of people throughout the day who I don't see often so I am getting asked the basic questions over and over and over again. I try to smile and be nice...it's not their fault that I get asked the same question throughout the day. It's just nice to know that they are concerned about me and care about how I'm doing.

But if any of them asked questions like "you haven't had the baby yet?", then I'm sure I'd be more than frustrated.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• ARenee3ARenee3 member
    I definitely feel like I'm listening to a broken record every time I walk down the hallway at work. It's getting so hard to give my fake smile and respond to the same questions over and over again. At this point I wish people at work would have something, ANYTHING to say to me that's not pregnancy-related.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • scote09scote09 member
    I am right there with you.  I hit my due date yesterday and for the last 2 weeks it's been, when is that baby going to pop out, geez, you're still here or what are you still doing here...you haven't had that baby yet.  I'm so sick of it.  So I decided to work from home this week.   Hope to go into labor any day, or induced so I don't have to go back on Monday and deal with the same questions. 
  • Totally. I get that every frikkin' day. I'm calling Friday my last day if the baby doesn't arrive beforehand. Otherwise I'll get another week of the same and be bored at work. Sigh.
  • Me too.  People look at me now like "you're still pregnant"...I'm tempted to say "nope, not at all" but I just grin and bear it.

• imageStacigirl413:

imagedaisy080187:
    Nope your not...I'm still at work...& at first all the little comments & questions didn't bother ne & it was easy to just answer them without sounding mean or short...but now its getting old...my favorite one "are you getting excited yet" & of course I have to be nice & smile & say yes & try to come up with a reason why i'm so excited but all i really wanna say is "No I've actually been dreading his arrival for the past 9 months...yes we tried for him & he was planned but now that he is coming i wish he wasn't" is all i wanna say to them...just so i can see their mouth drop open! lol!

I get the "dropped" comments all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love when I come in on Monday and they say "oh you dropped over the weekend" then on Wed I wear a dress and they say "oh your back up" wtf does that mean you crazy people!  Also one of my personal favs is "oh I hope you make it till your due date cause I don't want to deliever your baby for you" Um.... yea your not gonna deliever my baby or see my lady bits you crepo LOL....

LOL... the lady at the post office a few weeks ago actually asked me (as I was buying stamps)..."Do i have to hurry up?" I looked at her like she was crazy.  She goes, "cuz I don't know how to deliver a baby"... Huh?

• Yup, still working.  I'm not due until May 23, so I'm not sure why people are so surprised to see me.  I do want to tell them, "I had the baby yesterday.  I just really needed to catch up on some emails."  My last planned day in the office is May 25.  I'm assuming I'll go past my due date.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh I couldn't agree more with you, OP!
  • I hear "you're still here?" from several people everyday as I'm walking down the hall to my office. A guy on the elevator asked me when I was due the other day, and after I told him he looked at me and said "I don't think you're going to make it, lol. I don't really feel like I'm going to make it, but who knows?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Still working. I'm planning on making this week my last week and they doing some half days next week.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ugh, SO frustrating. I know that people are just being nice and expressing interest, and I try to keep that in mind. But I am so tired of hearing, "Oh you haven't dropped yet" or "Wow, no way you're making it all the way."

Right, b/c you people MUST know more about my body than my OB or I do.

GRRRRRRRRR

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am still working as well... I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and hoping this boy comes soon. I get crazy comments, "omg, you look like your going to pop." or you are stillll here? when is that baby coming? and i have to smile and say hopefully soon... it gets VERY old!!! My due date is may 16th, and im thinking the 19th should be my last day unless he comes before that!! It is all getting old.
  • Still working here but I'm not due until may 30th.  I've been getting comments for a couple weeks... I still have three weeks to go people!!!!  

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• k4slr6k4slr6 member
    Yup still working. I am planningon working on Monday and then have my c -section on Tuesday. People keep saying the are dreading me being gone. I have worked a ton of overtime this month because it is so busy. I'm sorry they are going to be busy but telling me about it everyday it wearing me down.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • There is a lady I work with who schedules my meetings for my kids and keeps trying to schedule them earlier bc "she's about to pop out a baby."  She says this to everyone, as though I'm not aware of what is going to happen.  And she's been doing it for several weeks now- I'm only at 37 weeks!
  • This is me I am due this saturday and still working, and I am starting to get affected by all the idiots who want to comment everyday over and over about how they can't believe I'm still at work and when am i going to have the baby or when is my last day. If I knew I would tell you, obviously I don't know when my last day is otherwise I would have had it by now. Its really depressing to be reminded that you haven't had your baby yet. I'm starting to lose it!!!! I go to the doc thursday so hopefully there will be good news. Otherwise I'm just going to go ahead and see if they will just take me off work.
  • My favorite is when people bend over to talk directly to my belly. Today this old guy, one of our regulars, comes in and asks my belly "when are you coming out??" AWKWARD. 
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • blumerblumer member

I'm still working, and I honestly wish I could be done. No one asks me the "you're still here" question thank god, but they do get nervous I'm going to go into labor while I'm at work. I have regular customers that come in on certain days and they are sometimes surprised to still see me, but understand babies come on their own time. My boss currently asks me frequently how I'm doing, and on Monday I was so ready to be done. The baby decided to sit on a nerve in my left butt cheek and it was painful all night long.

If this baby doesn't come in the next week and a half, I'm considering making my due date my last day so I can go on maternity leave and not be on my feet all day or night. My boss did however ask me this weekend if I thought I would need to cut back on hours anytime soon, and I answered no, but I might be rethinking that soon if my body decides to be in pain a lot.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tippy05Tippy05 member

imageKimberlyE715:
    Yup, still working.  I'm not due until May 23, so I'm not sure why people are so surprised to see me.  I do want to tell them, "I had the baby yesterday.  I just really needed to catch up on some emails."  My last planned day in the office is May 25.  I'm assuming I'll go past my due date.

Haha... I love it.  People are so dumb.  I'm getting really sick of the "you're still here?" comments.  I wish I had the balls to say something smart back.

• yes, this is my last week! Thank god, I'm so tired and uncomfortable. I just want to be a veggie and lay in bed all day. I'm not going to get to do that for very long, esp when dd arrives!
    image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"