3rd Trimester
Options

I need to vent!

So I don't have anyway to release all my pent up emotions. And I need to get them out, so I'm just gonna write everything out on here and maybe I'll feel better.First off on my giant list, I would like to say that my future MIL is a total effing BIATCH. I want to slap her in the face. She's always been rude and controlling. And now she tells me last minute that she isn't sure she can do my baby shower anymore, and I just have to wait around for her to figure out if she can squeeze it back into her tightly knit schedule. THEN I come into work yesterday and my boss (I'm a nanny) says you will never believe what Laura (future MIL) said to me this weekend. Apparently she told my boss that she needs to watch her husband (who works from home) because I'm in her house alone with him all day. WTF?? Who says that?? And I can't say anything to anyone about it because it will just start crap and that is exactly what she wants. So I have to pretend like I have know idea that she is a conniving little weasel. Also I was supposed to quit working the end of this month due to horrible back pains and fatigue. But my fiance lost his job a little over a week ago. So now I have to work until. I physically cannot go on anymore. Did I mention I am exhausted! I am beyond tired and we are way past poor. I want to cry all the time. That or start destroying things around the house. I just want to go to bed, roll over, and pretend the world doesn't exist. I have no one to talk to and no one to visit with because all of my friends live an hour away. I am thankful at least that my fiance is very supportive and responsible. Without him, I think I would be really depressed. Or more depressed. Ugh. I'm not normally like this but there is just so much going on. And I don't have anyway to fix any of it.
BabyName Ticker image

Re: I need to vent!

• Options

Wow. I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this crap right now. I can only imagine how stressful it is to have your fiance lose his job right now. Is he looking for work?

And your future MIL sounds like a real gem. Why would she be cautious of you being alone in the house with future FIL? Is she scared you'll steal from him? or hit on him? WTF? That's just odd.

Also, while there's really nothing you can do about it, it's pretty rude for her to tell you she'll throw you a shower and then decide she might need to cancel plans (unless there's a good reason for it). But, sadly, there's nothing you can do about that.

You're right to just stay out of it. It does sound like she's just trying to start drama. Don't give in to that. You're pregnant and the last thing you need right now is high family drama.

Just breath. Sending you a hug. 

Bravado Bras at Nurtured FamilyBabyFruit Tickerimageimage
  • Options

I'm so sorry your having to go through all of this:( times do get tough, but you will make it through! What I do sometimes is sit back and think of all the great things you do have in your life and focus on that instead of the negative. Your about to have a baby and you have a wonderful fianc?. Are you close to your family as far as a good relationship? If your struggling with money, check into gov programs(wic,Medicaid,food stamps) it sounds like you are really trying your just in a rut. And with some people you just can't win for losing! How did your boss seem? Did she act like she believed her? I sure hope not! Just remember YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS:) 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If I were you I would make sure DH knew what future MIL was saying/doing and tell him this is not going to fly once LO is born.

If she want's anything to do with your baby, she better straighten up becuase this is your baby, you are the mom, and you make the rules.

Just my two cents.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I know its hurtful to hear that your MIL feels that she has to watch you around her husband.  EW!  Just know that it'll work out at the end. 

Also talk with your Fiance about what she's saying and doing.  Its time for him to step up and protect you like he should.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageNSYoder26:

If I were you I would make sure DH knew what future MIL was saying/doing and tell him this is not going to fly once LO is born.

If she want's anything to do with your baby, she better straighten up becuase this is your baby, you are the mom, and you make the rules.

Just my two cents.

I agree. It might not be the best idea to confront future MIL directly, but your fiance should know the way she's behaving. 

• Options
    imageNSYoder26:

Just my two cents.

I agree. It might not be the best idea to confront future MIL directly, but your fiance should know the way she's behaving. 

• Options
    imageNSYoder26:

Just my two cents.

This! You don't need this crap right now! And if your FI is so supportive, you need to tell him and let him handle the dragon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket the right one will always make you feel like you are the most loved person in the world
  • Options
    imagemrh2009:
    imageNSYoder26:

Just my two cents.

This! You don't need this crap right now! And if your FI is so supportive, you need to tell him and let him handle the dragon!

Hahaha the dragon. I like that. I think that is going to be her new nickname.

So to answer some questions (and clear up any confusion), my future MIL was telling my boss to watch my boss's husband, because my boss's husband works from home and I stay at their house with there children while he works at home all day. She was implying that I might try and hit on my boss's husband during our time alone.

I don't understand why she would want to stir up problems with me and my fiance NOW. I mean, ruining our lives would ruin her granddaughter's life too. But I guess she is even more self centered than I originally thought. I haven't told him yet because, while I know he wouldn't think I would actually do anything, he might want to talk to his mom about what she said. And I don't want HER to know that my boss told me what she said about me. I like my boss and I'm not about to put her in even more of an awkward position if I can help it. And no, my boss didn't even consider what my future MIL said. Basically said she thinks the biatch is crazy. Which she is. 

BabyName Ticker image
  • Options
    imagejparrish1:

I'm so sorry your having to go through all of this:( times do get tough, but you will make it through! What I do sometimes is sit back and think of all the great things you do have in your life and focus on that instead of the negative. Your about to have a baby and you have a wonderful fianc?. Are you close to your family as far as a good relationship? If your struggling with money, check into gov programs(wic,Medicaid,food stamps) it sounds like you are really trying your just in a rut. And with some people you just can't win for losing! How did your boss seem? Did she act like she believed her? I sure hope not! Just remember YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS:) 

I'm not really close to anyone in my family except my grandmother, who has an incredible talent for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. So I tend to avoid conversations with her during stressful situations.

I've been on Medicaid the whole pregnancy, so all of that is taken care of at least! 

And no my boss didn't even consider it. They like me, and I'm good with  their 3 children (2 of them are autistic). 

BabyName Ticker image
  • Options

UPDATE!

I told my fiance what his mom said. Being the carefree man that he is, he shrugged it off. He said while he can't think of any reason she would say that, other than to imply that I would cheat on him, we also don't know the full context of what was said. And that if she has a problem with me, she can "shove it." I love that man =)

He also was perfectly fine not telling anyone that I told him about what was said.

AND!!!!!!! He got a job today! Already! Not amazing pay, but close to what he was making before, and much more potential to move up. YAY!! Now... if I can just sleep more! 

BabyName Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"