Breastfeeding
Options

Summer nursing dresses?

Hi,

My DD was born in November, so I wasn't really worried about having sundresses for the summer heat that I could nurse in.  This LO is due July 3, and I have a toddler, so I'm going to need to get out and about quite often (splash pad, the mall, etc). I really would like some simple, jersey summer sun dresses that I can nurse in.  I've looked all over the interwebz and I just can't find anything that isn't $100+! 

Any suggestions?  I'm really bummed that I'll be stuck in shorts/nursing tank all summer.

PS I live in Phoenix, it's hot as H#LL here.  I need some breezy dresses!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Summer nursing dresses?

• Options
    Try Old Navy or Target and look for anything that crosses at the chest, that you can pull to the side, or something with a deep V that you can wear a nursing tank under and move the dress to the side. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49426&vid=1&pid=115992&scid=115992012 <---something like this

• Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    Check out Milk Nursingwear online.  I just ordered a dress from them that I really like. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I looked at Milk Nursingwear and ordered a couple of dresses. I am glad to hear you like yours! Crossing my fingers I got the right size. I just can't fathom how I will survive the brutal Phoenix heat with a toddler and a newborn without some easy dresses to nurse in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Any of the maxi dresses that are so popular now are so easy to nurse in, just pull the top down and nurse. Target has some very cute ones very cheap. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

I agree, Maxi, wrap or any dress that has a surplice neckline will be easy to pull to one side.  You can wear a nursing tank under it too for additional coverage if you want. 

DD was a June baby and I wore a lot of skirts and doubled up tanks too, nursing tank under with a tank over for coverage.  I love Target's jersey knit fold over skirts, they're great for a changing PP waist line.

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"