North Carolina Babies
Options

Question for Moms

What do you listen to when you are in the car with your child? Do you listen to the regular radio, your own music, or kid music CDs?

I'm just curious. I thought of it this morning as I was driving to work and listening to the radio.

Catching up on sports news...
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Question for Moms

• Options

I recently bought a CD of children's songs that I will listen to sometimes if I think it will calm Maddie down. Until I  bought that a couple of weeks ago I just listened to whatever. Until she is older and singing along to the kids CD, I will probably listen to mostly my music.

*blushing* I love listening to her kids CD, lol. I've memorized most of the ones I didn't know so I can sing them to her around the house.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Lee, I'm glad to hear that you still listen to some of your own music. All of a sudden I was driving this morning and started to wonder, "Am I going to have to listen to  Barney and Wiggles sing alongs every time I get in the car?"

I don't think I'll mind listening to some kid music in the car at different times, but I'm not sure I can take all kid music in the car all the time.  

Catching up on sports news...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We listen to our own music until she gets mad and then we will put in her CDs to calm her down. ?I actually have a number of CDs for her that I really like and they aren't too annoying.
  • Options
    I listen to the radio.  I don't know what I will do when he gets older, but hopefully I'll still listen to the radio.  My parents listened to the radio when I was growing up.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have XM in my car and usually listen to my music but when I think she needs a change there is a Kids station I will put on (for a few songs). It makes me crazy. I do better with adults singing... kids singing makes me want to jump out of the moving car!
  • Options
    Right now, my music or NPR.  I'm not sure what we'll do when she's older.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad I am not the only one who listens to my own music in the car! We normally listen to the radio or my CDs and sometimes I will play some of her music. It doesn't really seem to make a difference though, she will dance and try to sing along to anything Big Smile
  • Options
    When BabyHill was tiny, we didn't listen to anything - just tried to keep everything as quiet as possible.  Then when he was a little older and more alert, we listened to kiddie songs.  Now since he's facing forward and awake all the time, he watched Elmo on the DVD player in the car.
  • Options
    We listen to my music. My parents listened to normal music when I was a kid, so I don't think the kiddie music is necessary. Plus, Avery really likes Pink Floyd...calms her and/or puts her to sleep every time!!
  • Options
    I do have a kids CD and Ben loves it, but for the most part we listen to adult music.  Right now Ben's favorite CD is Jamie Cullum's Twentysomething.  I just can't do kids music.  Even the Elizabeth Mitchell and Laurie Berkner stuff grates on my nerves after a while.
  • Options

I listen to both my music and kids cds- more the kids stuff.   It is not to bad- The imagination movers, snacktime by BNL, and Choo choo soul are her favorites.   We also have a Sandra Boyton CD very cute- set to 50s do op.

I will listen to it without Emma also- one I forget to change it or I am in the mood to sing along with something.

• Options

I have a feeling DH is going to be listening to Rap, still.

That's probably a no-no, right? Stick out tongue

• Options
    I have been thinking about that.  I still need to listen to my booty music.  But while I have the same job, the baby won't be in the car with me very long  on my way there so I can listen to my music most of the way there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"