Working Moms
Options

Your daycare policies

I was wondering what your daycare policies are on sick days, vacation days, etc.  For example do you pay a weekly daycare rate, no matter if your child is there or not?  Does your provider give you "freebie" days where you can keep your child home if he/she is sick or if you have a vacation day or whatever, and you don't have to pay for that specific day?  Please give me any insight you have on this.  Thanks!

Re: Your daycare policies

• Options
    We pay a monthly rate and regardless if she's there or not (illness/vacation), we pay it.  They do have a per day rate that they'll charge if you miss some time in that month, but it's so high that you'd have to be out over a week to see any difference at all. 
  • Options

We pay weekly rate regardless of holidays, vacation, sick, etc.  Different schools do different things though.  My last daycare allowed 1 week vacation/sick week at 50% tuition per year, but she had to be out the entire week M-F.  Our new school is the same except won't take affect until she's been there 6 mos. I've talked to other schools that allowed multiple weeks.  You have to talk to each daycare to ask their policy. 

Also ask what holidays they were closed.  Our first daycare was closed A LOT - as in a full week at xmas, 4th of July week, every "Monday" holiday they also took off the preceding Friday, they had random teacher education days they took off, etc. whereas her current daycare takes off only the major holidays.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We pay weekly regardless of holidays, sick, etc.

The one exception is that they will let you only pay half price if you are out all week M-F. There is a limit to how often you can do this (normally just 2 weeks out of the year) but they'll 'work with you' if it's a long term thing, etc.

We get one 'free' week a year for vacation, but we have to let them know in advance. 

They do allow some students to drop out for summer and return in fall but there are extra fees for this. But there are a lot of teacher kids at our daycare and I know a lot do that. 

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    weekly regardless of holidays.  we get a credit of 10 days if dd doesn't attend.
  • Options
    We pay a weekly rate, so we do pay for all holidays.  We are also give 2 weeks worth of vacation vouchers to use to cover days DD is sick or just not there.  Essentially, we pay for 50 weeks out of the year.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    We pay weekly, no matter what, except for 2 weeks out of the year when daycare is closed.  We don't pay for those weeks.  They have to have the same amount of staff whether my DC is there or not. 
  • Options

We pay whether the boys are there or not.  I see why they do it - they have bills to pay as well and need steady income.  If they didn't have such a policy people would be more willing to keep kids home for random reasons which would impact the provider's books.

I figure if I get 52 weeks of pay each year (including vacation and holidays) they should too.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

We have a weekly rate, and we pay regardless of whether or not DS is there or if they're closed.

Since we're FT, we get 10 credit days - days that we don't have to pay for if DS isn't there. 

I agree with a pp - they have staff to pay and a business to run, so it makes sense that I would be expected to pay even on the days that DS isn't there.  They still have to schedule appropriate staff to be there.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

we will be paying a monthly rate based on the number of days per week that he is allowed to be there; no freebies, doesn't matter if he is sick or not.

ie we pay $XXX for a 2 day a week, 6-9 hr day per month.

• Options
    You pay no matter waht. Remember - you are paying for the care and the space - if your child isn't there,  people still have to get paid!
  • Options
    We don't have any vacation time. We actually pay for 51 wks, as they are closed the week of Christmas (I work for a university and my dd goes to daycare at my work). This works fine for us as I am off anyway.
  • Options
    We pay a monthly rate - whether he's there or not.  I remember last December what with him being sick and the holidays - I think he was relaly only in school for 2 weeks which kind of sucked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we pay 52 weeks a year, 5 days a week no matter if she is there or they are closed.  our center is only closed 2 days a year other than major holidays, so that is nice
  • Options
    We pay a weekly rate.  If DD is sick or we are on vacation ome we still pay the same rate.  If our daycare provider is sick or takes vacation we do not have to pay her for the day(s) off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"