March 2012 Moms

Tell me your induction story (Hi from May!)

Hi March Ladies, Tonight I found out I am being induced tomorrow at 9 am due to pre-e. I am really much much much more panicky than I thought I'd be.... I guess I didn't expect it to be right at 37 weeks! I would love to hear your recent induction stories... how many weeks were you induced at? how dialated were you when you went in? How long was labor? Did you get an epidural? Did it work? Did you need BP meds too? Thanks a bunch!:) I know I should really go to bed but theres not way I'm falling asleep soon.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me your induction story (Hi from May!)

• imagekkchisholm:

how many weeks were you induced at?  40 weeks and 4 days

how dialated were you when you went in?  1.5

How long was labor?  26 fun hours

Did you get an epidural?  Hell yes

Did it work?  It was beautiful

Did you need BP meds too?  Nope

They started my induction at 4pm with the cervix thinning drug (can't think of the name...).  But by about 11pm I was only dilated to a 2.5 so they just let me rest.  The next morning around 6am they upped my drugs and around 5pm, I was only dilated to a 4.  So they decided to do a c-section.  The epidural was by far the best thing ever.  With the induction, the contractions didn't progress, they just went from being annoying to painful right away.  Granted, I am a wuss, but that was the worst part. I was afraid of the epidural and the needle but I didn't feel it.  I felt the numbing part which wasn't bad, the IV hurt more than that.  The epidural was instant relief!

Good luck!!

• how many weeks were you induced at?  40 weeks / due date

how dialated were you when you went in?  fingertip

How long was labor?  Roughly 24 hrs, not sure

Did you get an epidural?  Hell yes

Did it work?  It was beautiful

Did you need BP meds too?  Labetolol, not sure if I spelled it right but it really helped.  I had moments where I thought my head was going to explode.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • nah82nah82 member

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/64637464.aspx

Here's a link to mine.  I had high blood pressure, but not pre-e.  I took labetalol for about the last month of my pregnancy.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekkchisholm:
    Hi March Ladies, Tonight I found out I am being induced tomorrow at 9 am due to pre-e. I am really much much much more panicky than I thought I'd be.... I guess I didn't expect it to be right at 37 weeks! I would love to hear your recent induction stories... how many weeks were you induced at? how dialated were you when you went in? How long was labor? Did you get an epidural? Did it work? Did you need BP meds too? Thanks a bunch!:) I know I should really go to bed but theres not way I'm falling asleep soon.

I was induced at 41 weeks

I was only dilated 1cm (50% effaced, -3 station)

Labor was a total of 24 hours

I got an epidural and it was amazing

The induction did not work, I had to get a C-section - although it was not due to the induction but the baby's size and position (she was sunny side up/chin up and unable to move down).

I did not need BP meds.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got induced 4 days prior to my EDD due to a massive migraine I'd suffered earlier that week.  We went in for my induction at 6 pm on the 21st and they inserted a cervix softening pill.  I had to stay in bed for 2 hours before I could get up.  At that point I was only 1 cm dilated.  I had cramping/contractions throughout the night.  At 6 am on the 22nd they started me on Pitocin and then my OB broke my water about an hour later.  I labored throughout the day and though my contractions were pretty intense and about 3 minutes apart, the most I dilated to was 3 cm (4 cm if my doctor pushed it).  I did get an epidural when I was only 2 cm, and it did work.  The contraction pain went away and was replaced with this feeling of pressure in the pelvic floor.  One tip a friend had told me was to relax when that pressure occurred instead of clenching.

The other issue was my daughter was not dropping (turns out her head was stuck in my pelvis).  I ended up having a c-section and DD was born at 6:01 pm that evening.

I remember feeling very anxious and overwhelmed when we decided to induce, so it's okay to feel the way you are feeling.  I think it's for the best that they induce you though.  Best of luck to you!  I hope you have a safe and speedy delivery!

• You're probably already being induced but: I was induced at 42 weeks and was about 2 cm dilated at that time. I didn't have anything other than Pitocin. I got an epidural --awesome! and delievered vaginally. I did not have to have BP meds. 

Total labor was 20 hours.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • how many weeks were you induced at?  40 weeks 5 days

how dialated were you when you went in?  1cm

How long was labor?  16 hours

Did you get an epidural?  Yup, about 6 hours in, before they broke my water. 

Did it work?  Yes, it was amazing.

Did you need BP meds too?  Nope

Vaginal delivery.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I made it out to be in my head.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was induced at 37 weeks 1 day. I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced so I was just started on  Pitocin verses having started with cervidil.  My induction was delayed for 10 hours due to the labor and delivery unit being full.  But I was started on Pitocin at about 7:30pm.  I got my epidural about an hour later which worked perfectly, even a little too good my pinkies were numb and I had them turn it down.  My water was broken at about 11:30pm.  They would have done it earlier but I was really dizzy and nauseated from the epidural so they waited till I felt better.  At about 4am I was about 8-9cm.  About 30 minutes later I was shaking in transition and complete.  I started pushing at about 4:50am and baby was there 30 minutes later at 5:20am.  He would have been there sooner if my ob was there and they let me push.  It was NOT a bad experience at all.  I had the best labor and delivery nurse and I love my OB and trusted his opinion  I was induced due to IUGR so if I was at risk to have an urgent c-section but fortunetly my little guy tolerated it well. good luck!
  • how many weeks were you induced at? 37 weeks 3 days

how dialated were you when you went in? 2 cm

How long was labor? 5 1/2 hours

Did you get an epidural? oh yes

Did it work? It worked very well thank goodness

Did you need BP meds too? nope, I got extra pitocin afterwards due to other issues.

Good Luck!!!

• good luck tomorrow, i know it can be nerve racking! i was induced with both of my boys & my experiences were completely different.

how many weeks were you induced at? #1-i was induced close to 42 weeks b/c my bp started getting worse than it had been. with #2 i was induced 6 days late b/c my bp was really bad & not going back down with rest

how dialated were you when you went in? with #1 i was not even close to being dilated, i had 12 hrs of ceravdil to start dilation,and i had no idea but it actually put me in labor (apparently it does to 1-2% of women. so when my dr came in in the morning to start pitocin she checked me & i was already at 10cm, so no pit, no drugs, no nothing, just 3 hrs of miserable pushing! with #2 i was just shy of 2cm so i was put on pitocin almost as soon as i got to the hospital.

How long was labor?with #1 (i'm counting the 12 hrs of cervadil b/c that was no walk in the park-it made me cramp & throw up) so total with him was 25hrs. with #2- i had him in under 6 hours of even entering the hospital!

Did you get an epidural? Did it work?with #1 there wasn't time for an epi b/c i was already at 10cm. with #2 i got an epi at 8cm & it worked like a charm. and the epi brought my bp down significantly as well.

Did you need BP meds too? with #1-no meds, with #2 my bp reached 160/120 so my dr was worried about seizures. i was put on magnesium sulfate (it can sometimes have affects on the baby but they had 6 neonatal nurses in our room & ready for him...he came out totally fine!)

• how many weeks were you induced at?  40 weeks

how dialated were you when you went in?  not dilated

How long was labor?  I ended up having a cord prolapse (emergency c-section) but I got a double bubble foley catheter at 3pm and got to 5-6 cm by 7am the next morning

Did you get an epidural?  nope

Did it work?  n/a

Did you need BP meds too?  Nope

image image image Michael Madison III born on 3/29/12 at 7:40am. 7 lb., 13 oz, 20.5 inches. Emergency C-section due to umbilical cord prolapse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"