Infertility Veterans

Talk to me about ER with just two follies.

Hi everyone.  I had my second u/s this morning.  Of my six follies, only two have grown.  They're at 9 and 10mm.  Then I have four at 5mm.

I was told that if there isn't a major improvement by Monday that my RE will cancel us.  I have a feeling that he'll offer the option of going to ER with my two given my history of being a spectacularly poor responder.  My husband wants to go for it.  I don't know what to do.  Things just don't look good and I want to be prepared.  Any thoughts?  :( 

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
Baby boy Henry born 2015.
Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.

Re: Talk to me about ER with just two follies.

• I'm sorry sweetie.  I was not able to go to ER with two.  Of my five IVF cycles, I was canceled twice. Having said that, I think that you can be successful with two depending on your estrogen level.  Mine was always ridiculously low which indicated that there were no hidden follies but I think if you have a higher number, you are more likely to be successful.  l I have gone with three and four.  Most times, there was at least one hidden.  Best of luck.  I will be thinking of you.
  • I am so sorry :(  I went to ER twice with only 2 eggs retrieved... both times my estrogen had dropped before ER too.  I can't personally imagine going through all of the checks and shots only to be canceled ~ so I would go for it if the doc is willing.  It's of course your choice and I will be wishing you the very best!!
  • Loading the player...
  • AmCheriAmCheri member
    Thanks Mrkyrain and XV11Star.  It's been a rough couple of days.  I just wish I knew what went wrong.  I don't want to delude myself.  I understand that ER with two follies is less than ideal.  I'm just realizing that is might just be as good as it gets. Can't believe this is our life. 
  • imageAmCheri:
    Thanks Mrkyrain and XV11Star.  It's been a rough couple of days.  I just wish I knew what went wrong.  I don't want to delude myself.  I understand that ER with two follies is less than ideal.  I'm just realizing that is might just be as good as it gets. Can't believe this is our life. 

Hi sweetie,

I have been in your shoes for all my IVFs unfortunately. I barely had a 3rd follie for IVF #1 but they allowed me to go forward. Of the 3, one was immature but the other 2 were ok and fertilized.  For IVF#2, they wanted to convert me and not do the ER with the 2 follies but I knew that insurance would not pay again due to my poor response so I asked them to go ahead. The RE agreed to do it with the understanding that it was unlikely to work. I was well aware of that but being AMA, I have no choice but to try anyway.

IVF#3 with a new RE: our intent is to retrieve anything we can get, even if it is one egg. We can't get more than 2 or 3 follies from me. My FSH is really high and all we can do is try to slow down the maturation process (I usually O around CD9-10 and that generally results in poor outcomes). We are trying to keep my eggs in to CD 12-13. IVF#3 was a total bust with no transfer. That is the chance with retrieving one or two. You don't always get to transfer. 

I "think" you are younger and not AMA. Your eggs "should" be better than mine and I would definitely go forward. DOR doesn't get better with time so you have to try with what you have. Yes, it is a long shot but it's all we've got.

Hugs.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• AmCheriAmCheri member

Thanks McIrish :) I'm 36 years old, so by the arbitrary standard I'm considered AMA.  I used to ovulate predictably on day 14, but since the m/c, it's been on CD11. 

Feeling lost, angry and frustrated. Last cycle, I had 6 mature eggs.  We felt like that was a home run. What's going wrong now?  Is it truly possible that I'd decline so rapidly?  I can't tell you what my FSH and AMH levels are at now. I'm a chicken and asked them not to tell me.  Clearly the numbers aren't good.  

I know that if we go forward there's a slim chance at best of making it to ET. It just seems like we'd better work with whatever we can get.  I really appreciate your thoughts. I'll update on Monday which will mark a decision point.  If the RE is open to it, I'm thinking we should push forward.  

• imageAmCheri:

Thanks McIrish :) I'm 36 years old, so by the arbitrary standard I'm considered AMA.  I used to ovulate predictably on day 14, but since the m/c, it's been on CD11. 

Feeling lost, angry and frustrated. Last cycle, I had 6 mature eggs.  We felt like that was a home run. What's going wrong now?  Is it truly possible that I'd decline so rapidly?  I can't tell you what my FSH and AMH levels are at now. I'm a chicken and asked them not to tell me.  Clearly the numbers aren't good.  

I know that if we go forward there's a slim chance at best of making it to ET. It just seems like we'd better work with whatever we can get.  I really appreciate your thoughts. I'll update on Monday which will mark a decision point.  If the RE is open to it, I'm thinking we should push forward.  

I didn't realize you were 36. I would definitely move forward. Sadly, I do think things can rapidly decline. It did for me. I was 37 when my FSH first was tested and came in at 12.1.  I thought it was the end of the world. Now, I would love to have that number.  Within 6 months, it spiked to 17.3 and then 7 months later, hit 24.3 in early Feb.  My current RE tested if for every cycle and won't let me start stims unless it is under 12 (I take a drug called ethinyl estradiol to bring it down as it shuts off the FSH production).  This may have been a bad month for you to cycle and another month may yield more eggs. But you could still have a winner egg in there and that's why I'd do the ER. 

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• AmCheriAmCheri member
    Ok.  I should check my bad attitude at the door and keep going then.  Thanks so much for your insight and advice.  We just don't want to look back with any regret.  It's important to us both that some day we'll be able to say that we did everything we could to make this work.  I just hope our RE is supportive.  Thanks again sweetie.  As always, I'll be rooting you on when it's your turn.  
  • imageAmCheri:
    Ok.  I should check my bad attitude at the door and keep going then.  Thanks so much for your insight and advice.  We just don't want to look back with any regret.  It's important to us both that some day we'll be able to say that we did everything we could to make this work.  I just hope our RE is supportive.  Thanks again sweetie.  As always, I'll be rooting you on when it's your turn.  

I am the queen of the bad attitude!  No need to check it:-) You are entitled to be PISSED about this. It sucks and few people really understand how hard it is to produce hardly any follies.  I hope your RE is supportive as well. My last one kicked me out after IVF#2 unless I did DE.  My current RE deals with POF patients all day long so at least I don't have to worry about him kicking me out or cancelling me for too few follies. Wishing you the best!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• AmCheriAmCheri member
    imageMrs.McIrish:

imageAmCheri:

I am the queen of the bad attitude!  No need to check it:-) You are entitled to be PISSED about this. It sucks and few people really understand how hard it is to produce hardly any follies.  I hope your RE is supportive as well. My last one kicked me out after IVF#2 unless I did DE.  My current RE deals with POF patients all day long so at least I don't have to worry about him kicking me out or cancelling me for too few follies. Wishing you the best!

If a positive attitude was the key to getting pregnant, we wouldn't be here. I figure that getting through it is all you need.  And, it turns out that I'm excelling in the anger and resentment departments.  

The jury is out with my RE.  We're at an excellent clinic.  He often gets referrals for the more challenging cases. That said, his DOR numbers aren't high.  And patients like me screw up his stats.  I'm counting on the DE speech this time.   

• No advice... Wanted send lots of ((((hugs)))). Thinking of you sweetie!!
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• imageGregermis:
    No advice... Wanted send lots of ((((hugs)))). Thinking of you sweetie!!

This. I know how it is to get excited and let down.  I hope that you are able to move forward and that your superstar is one of those.  

Us: 39(me)/41(he). TTC since April '11. DOR/MFI. March '12: surgery to remove fibroids, cysts, and endometriosis.
    IVF #1: 9/13/12. ER: 9/25. 3R, 2M, 1F. ET: 9/28 (1-6B). Beta: moved from 10/11 to 10/10: BFN.
    IVF #2: 11/12 cycle postponed due to Sandy and then cancelled due to elevated E2.
    IVF #2.1 cancelled due to cyst.
    IVF #2.2: 2/2/13. Converted to IUI. BFN
    IVF #3.0: 3/2014. BCP & Microdose Lupron.  Cycle cancelled due to poor response.
    IVF #4.0: 2/2015. EPP @ new RE. ER: 3/8. 3R, 3M, 1F. ET: 3/11 (1-8cell). 3/23 Beta: 16.9. 3/25 Beta: 71.6. 3/27 Beta: 300. 3/29 Beta: 800 3/31 Beta: 1816. 4/1 Beta: 4342. m/c at 6w2d. Goodbye little one. I loved you already.
    P/SAIF Welcome.
    My Blog
    imageimageBirthday image

• imagelsgabriel:

imageGregermis:
    No advice... Wanted send lots of ((((hugs)))). Thinking of you sweetie!!

This. I know how it is to get excited and let down.  I hope that you are able to move forward and that your superstar is one of those.  

Ditto this ^^^

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
    1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
    09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
    **8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
    Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
    03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
    SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
    **~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**
  • Thinking about you and sending growing vibes!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"