Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sucking on upper lip

This is so strange and it just started. DS (who is BFed) has recently started sucking...loudly...on his upper lip. He is refusing the pacifier and he's not hungry. He is 12 weeks and it started a few days ago. I can't figure out why he started or what/if it means anything.

Have any of your LOs done this and does it mean anything? I considered maybe the start of teething because he has also recently started drooling and knawing on his fist.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sucking on upper lip

• My son just started sucking on his lower lip!  Crazy!  I am wondering if it's teething too...  my first son started teething right around 4 months, so I am just waiting...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My LO has been going crazy on her bottom lip for a couple of months now. There doesn't seem to be any real reason for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehoneybee #1:
    My LO has been going crazy on her bottom lip for a couple of months now. There doesn't seem to be any real reason for it.

This.  My LO has been sucking her upper lip occasionally for the last month, usually after she eats.  It's kinda cute :)

Mayfaerie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Teething I would say....my DD was sucking her top lip and a couple weeks later we had another top tooth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"