June 2011 Moms
Options

need honest opinions this mom's necklace

I've wanted some sort of mom's necklace for ages but I wanted something different than the usual handstamped with the kids's name type thing.    I found this

https://www.etsy.com/listing/81905245/unique-mothers-necklace-with-birthstones

I love that it doesn't scream "I'm a  mommy and these are my kids!".   I love that each boy gets his own flower/gemstone.   I love that the flowers are 2 different sizes so big brother can be the taller flower. 

DH's reaction when he saw it was "Well, it's different" in that weird tone of voice you use when you think something is awful but you don't want to hurt the person's feelings.   

What do you think?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: need honest opinions this mom's necklace

• Options
    not my style but if it has meaning for you then go for it :)
  • Options
    I like it. I probably wouldn't wear something that big since I only wear really small unnoticable jewelry, but thats just me. As you said, its nice that it has meaning but isn't obvious to everyone else. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love the idea of it but I am not crazy about the style.  Sort of reminded me of aliens or something when I first saw it...lol...Like PP said, if it has meaning for you...Go for it! Love Etsy!
  • Options
    I love it love it love it. It almost makes me wanna have a second baby asap so I can have one
  • Options
    HallilHallil member
    I'm not a big necklace wear'er' but I like it, and it's definitely personal. I say do it, tell DH later thanks for the mothers day gift Stick out tongue
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan, but i think it's mostly because of the chain.  If you put the pendant part on a more delicate chain, I think I would like it a bit more.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I like it a lot! It's very modern and streamlined. I've been looking at Etsy too, but most of the ones I like look better with multiple children represented. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    Check on red envelope theirs are so cute. I just checked and they are sold out of my two favorites(mothers day im sure) but they still have a few different types that arent the traditional type.https://www.redenvelope.com/m/ProductSearch.aspx?q=Mothers necklace&searchhistory=Mothers nexklace,Mothers necklace
  • Options
    They also sent me a coupon code for 15 off of 100 if you want it!! I will check and see if it's still good.
  • Options
    I really like it!
  • Options
    akayfakayf member

imagejanbc06:
    Check on red envelope theirs are so cute. I just checked and they are sold out of my two favorites(mothers day im sure) but they still have a few different types that arent the traditional type.https://www.redenvelope.com/m/ProductSearch.aspx?q=Mothers necklace&searchhistory=Mothers nexklace,Mothers necklace

oh those are nice too!   And they are more everyday wear too.   I like the ones with 2 little pearls or diamonds.   I told DH I want some sort of necklace but I don't need to get on Mother's Day.     Off to check out etsy for some stuff like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"