Eco-Friendly Family

composting bin

If you compost at home, please recommend your composting bin.  We live in a condo and I am looking for something smallish that can sit on the counter or under the sink. TIA

Re: composting bin

• I've heard good things about the Natural Home one at Target. It basically amounts to a lidded bucked with a carbon filter. 

May I aks, where do you use your compost, living in a condo? I've been wanting to compost but, in our condo, we have no personal outdoor space, and I don't know what I'd do with compost.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been looking around for one also. I think I am going to go with the Full Circle Fresh Air Kitchen Composter that I saw on Amazon. Sorry, I know that is not very helpful because I haven't tried it yet. lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • rmwt001rmwt001 member
    imageSwitzerland87:

May I aks, where do you use your compost, living in a condo? I've been wanting to compost but, in our condo, we have no personal outdoor space, and I don't know what I'd do with compost.  

This is that exact reason we haven't done it until now . . . planning on planting a bunch of stuff in pots/bins on the porch and will take the leftovers to a friend's. 

• We started our compost bin when we were still apartment dwellers. We purchased a garbage can with lid, punched holes in it randomly around the whole thing and started our compost in there. It's easy to turn by holding the lid on and rolling it or using a small pitchfork or shovel. We easily transported it when we moved. We always kept it outside. It works really well and much cheaper than store bought composters.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"