VBAC
Options

How far past your EDD did you go?

Moreso, how far past would your doctor/midwife let you go? I already had a vbac with my DS2, 4 years ago. He was born on his own at 39wk2d. I just feel like i'm not going to get there this time, and go overdue. Personally, my anxiety is already high and i'm afraid to go much over 40 weeks. Maybe 40.5, but really that's probably my latest. I asked my m/w last week how logn they let you go, and she just said, "we just let you go." I mean, 40 weeks? 41? 42??? I have really bad anxiety and  I literally don't sleep at night because i'm so worried about this baby, especially something happening to her (probably stemming from a miscarriage with my last pregnancy). My BP is also creeping up, mainly when i'm up and around - my mom is a nurse and has been monitoring it for me. I'm about 150/80 when i'm up and around. So i'm trying to stay off my feet (easier said than done since I have a 6 and 4 year old to run here and there.) I'm trying to get myself in the right frame of mind, but my anxiety comes in full force. I'm going in today, and hoping for some progress... i've been stuck at 1cm since 36 weeks. But I have already prepped myself for nothing.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac

Re: How far past your EDD did you go?

• Options

The hospital midwife practice I went to allowed their VBACs to go to 42 weeks, assuming all was well with both LO and mom.  They did require extra monitoring/NSTs/fluid checks at least twice a week after 40 weeks until labor started.  I had no issues with BP or fluid levels, etc.

I went into labor at 41w1d (that's actually the average onset for first-time labor) the morning after my membrane sweep, and DS was born the next day at 41w2d.  I was 1-2cm and 75% effaced at the membrane sweep.

EDIT: Forgot to add, my current OB for this pregnancy will also let me go to 42 weeks (assuming all is medically okay with baby/me).  

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    Ya, I think i'm afraid of my BP. I'm going to ask for a membrane sweep today I think. If not, definitely next week. Since this is my 3rd, 2nd labor everyone said how I would go earlier than my DS2. Yeah, not so much!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is your MW willing to do some gentle induction techniques if you go past 40 weeks? Would getting NSTs (even though it's early) make you feel better? I'd definitely talk to her about your concerns, she might have some ideas to help you get through these last few days. Hang in there! The end of pg is the absolute worst for me.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

My hospital has a 41 week limit, so I also have a lot of anxiety about making it.

I've heard so many stories where the stress of these deadlines keeps Moms from actually going into labor.  Like your body is protecting your baby from being born into an unhealthy environment.   And you sound really stressed.  Is there anyway you can try to do some meditation - get a pedicure - talk to therapist - do some stretching and yoga - take a bath?  Could someone take your kids for the night? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was allowed to go to 41 weeks (same hospital as cchill).  I was induced with pt that day and did have a successful VBAC.  My midwife would have preferred to let me go a few more days because she felt I was close on my own but she couldn't override hospital policies.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    My practice will give me until 41 weeks to go into labor on my own, and then will try some gentle induction methods. Just try to relax, and unless they need to induce you for medical reasons, just let your body do it's thing! I know how hard it is to just wait. Ug Sad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have this fear too.  I went to 42 weeks with DD.  My OB said she will let me go to 42 weeks but in her experience the longer you go, the bigger the baby, and possible difficulty in labor.  I dilated fully but my daughter was stuck in the birth canal and I got a fever of 104.  I am appreciative that my OB will let me go to 42 weeks but worried that the longer I go the less likely it will be that I deliver vaginally.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    DS was born at 41wk 2d. The rcs was scheduled for 41wk 3d, though I think if I'd pushed more he would have gone to 42.  I also had GD, though it was diet controlled (no insulin or other meds). I was having NST once a week starting at 39wk. I was 0 effaced and 0 dilated at 40wk.
    The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I went 41 weeks. i did have to stress to my ob that that was what I wanted.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor said she'll let me go to 41 weeks, maaaaybe 42 if everything still seems ok.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • Options

If I didn't go on my own by 41 weeks they would induce and I would have to have a C/S.  I was at a 4 at my 39.5 check-up, so I had hope I would go on my own.  I actually had a VBAC one day after my EDD.  I was at a 10 when I got to the hospital! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemama31:

If I didn't go on my own by 41 weeks they would induce and I would have to have a C/S.  I was at a 4 at my 39.5 check-up, so I had hope I would go on my own.  I actually had a VBAC one day after my EDD.  I was at a 10 when I got to the hospital! 

Oh I SO hope this is me!!!

• Options
    I will have a RCS if ds is not born by 41 weeks

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    megs68megs68 member
    I went to 42 weeks with #2 and never went into labor and ended up with a RCS. I wasn't even at 1cm at that point, so couldn't really do any inductions.  I had to get extra monitoring those last two weeks, with fluid checks and NSTs and everything looked great so I was happy they didn't give me a hard time about going so long past due date, even if it did unfortunately esult in a RCS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"