August 2011 Moms
Options

So looking back now....

What are some of the items you will NOT recommend to a new mom to be or if you where to have another LO you would NOT get again?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: So looking back now....

• Options

Receiving blankets. Didn't register for any but we received a bunch as gifts. Used 1, once.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD HATED the swing, Bumbo, and bouncy seat. Basically, if it can contain her, she wants no part of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Someone passed us down a Bumbo. Totally useless.
  • Options

So for me I thought the bottle brush was really un-necessary, our swing he has been in very a couple of times and is mostly used for the water noise it makes and other music. Also I don't think the Boppy was anything too special we used it but it?s nothing a regular pillow can?t do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    That itzbeen timer thing.  It made NB breastfeeding a nightmare.   I couldn't handle her not feeding on a regular schedule and that thing was so in my face about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got DD an excersaucer thing and she doesn't care for it much. She'll play in it for a couple minutes then start getting upset and want out. I totally could have skipped buying it.

Also, someone got me a summer swaddle wrap and DD hated it (well, she hated being swaddled).

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemrsemily08:
    Someone passed us down a Bumbo. Totally useless.

LOL  Us too.  I have to return it - its sitting in the living room with a bunch of stuffed animals in it.  

One thing I bought that was a total waste of $$ was a Summer Infant Sleeper thingy that goes on your bed.  I bought it because DD was a preemie and I thought she would like the closeness of this device. She hated it.  We also had to buy a Carbed, because we failed our carseat test upon NICU exit.  We used it for 6 weeks, but I wish we didn't have to buy it.  There goes $85 I will never see again!  DD also hated the FP Space Saver High Chair.  I need to list it on CL.  

3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • Options

imageBnchaNums:
    That itzbeen timer thing.  It made NB breastfeeding a nightmare.   I couldn't handle her not feeding on a regular schedule and that thing was so in my face about it.

OMG, I forgot about this thing.  Need to list that on CL too.  You think I could get $2 for it?  LOL

3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I had too much clothes. LO never fit into NB size, and only wore 0-3 months for a few weeks before he outgrew those too. There is a ton of stuff he never even wore.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageallisong23:
    I had too much clothes. LO never fit into NB size, and only wore 0-3 months for a few weeks before he outgrew those too. There is a ton of stuff he never even wore.

This.  I wish I wouldn't have taken tags off and washed all those nb/0-3 month clothes, we barely used any of them and I could have exchanged for bigger sizes.

DS spent very little time in his swing, and I think the PNP was a waste of money...at least it's getting good use at my grandma's now (she babysits daily for us). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageCrash Into Me:

I knew this would happen! I love the Boppy, use it every day, still, for nursing. Have used it for tummy time, and put it behind DD when she was learning to sit. Heck, when I'm not using it for DD, I use it to balance a bowl of cereal when I'm on the couch and as a mini-desk for the laptop!

DITTO!  I love my Boppy.  I also used/use receiving blankets all the time for multiple uses.  I do think the Bumbo is a waste... luckily, we only borrowed it from a friend.  It's too expensive for the short time you can use it, in my opinion.

DD also loved the swing and bouncy seat.  Come to think of it, we really used everything we bought and received for her.  

• Options
    The bouncer and bumbo.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

One of those hanging doorway jumpers!  DD "hung out" in it a couple times while I folded laundry, but I was nervous the whole time. And rightfully so - once she figured out to push off with her feet, instead of bouncing up and down, she was going side to side instead! One close call with the door molding and that was the last time we used that thing!

I'm surprised at how many people didn't use their swings. I initially didn't buy one because I thought it would be a waste. We broke down and bought one when she was two weeks old, and that was the only place she would sleep for the first 3-1/2 months.  It was def our most used item in the first five months, and worth every penny!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

All those Velcro swaddle things. He hated being swaddled.  Also, all the bedding for the crib, even extra mattress pads. He hasn't leaked or spit up once in his crib.  

Lots of clothes too.  

• Options
    Oh and all those burp clothes and tiny bibs and hats
  • Options

I wish we would've not bought a stroller or a crib...I won't be buying either for our next baby.

At the very least, I think it's a really good idea to hold off on buying things and buy them as you need them (if you need them) after your baby is born. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BK33BK33 member
    Bumbo seat, receiving blankets, pacifiers....DS loves his binky but only one kind i had so many others that he refused to take.
  • Options

The Moby wrap. I never really got the hang of it - and always felt like DD would fall out or get squished in some way. Plus, she hated to be confined it in. We also didn't get much use our of our bumbo.

I am surprised by how many mention changing table. I LOVE ours! DD tries to roll away/crawl away on the floor, but it's like on the changing table she knows she can't. It saves my sanity.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I second the Moby wrap. I was so excited to get it and I think I've used it twice. A stroller is so much easier when I'm browsing the stores and such. I think they are good for parents who use a convertible car seat from day 1.

I also HATED those nightgowns with the elastic at the bottom. They were always riding up on her, and unless she had a massive blowout, I never changed her diaper at night for fear of waking her up permanently.

I just bought a door way jumper. Lame. I thought I'd save some space but she hates it, much prefers the stationary one. I'm taking it back.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageCrash Into Me:

I knew this would happen! I love the Boppy, use it every day, still, for nursing. Have used it for tummy time, and put it behind DD when she was learning to sit. Heck, when I'm not using it for DD, I use it to balance a bowl of cereal when I'm on the couch and as a mini-desk for the laptop!

I love, love, love my Boppy. We still use it for nursing because of my carpal tunnel. We also used it when she first started sitting, tummy time and I use it when I'm lying on the couch. It's comfy.

I hated the winter cover thing that stretches over your carseat. Ours was only used 2x maybe. I just covered her well with a blanket. Less hassle.

I don't get the change table comments ... I have 2! One upstairs and one downstairs. I have a very bad back and hated bending over to change her on beds, etc. Where do you change LOs if not on the table??

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A wipes warmer. A co-worker swore that we HAD to get one.  What a waste, used it for about a week and then decided it was useless!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I also wish I would have left tags on  clothes because we had TONS he didnt even wear. 

G lovessssss his jumper I am not sure what I would do without that thing!  We use the boopy a lot before he could sit up on his own...and when he had a cold it was a life saver. 

The swing take it or leave it (thank goodness it was a hand me down) Bumbo seat is the biggest waste ever!  IMO. 

Our PNP is never used.  He has slept in his bed sence day one and unless we go out of town we dont really need it for anything.  (FI parents have one, my parents have one and FI's sister)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

our pnp. Waste of money so far. DS won't go in it as he thinks it's baby jail. It vpbasically is used as a giant catch all and toy box for all things baby. Any time we do a clean up any baby stuff from toys, blankets even clothes all end up in there.

Swing, ds was never a fan.

Soothers, bottles, etc. I bought all of this and DS never did take a bottle or soother to this day.

peepee teepee - what a joke! At least it was a gift 

Baby shoes with laces!!! Way to much time to out them on when they fall off right  away.

Mesh feeder- too much hassle to clean!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"