Food Allergy
Options

Gluten-Free Casseroles that can be frozen

Hi!

Long time lurker, first time poster on this board.  I have a friend who just had a baby.  Her husband keeps a gluten-free diet for health reasons.  I would like to make them a couple of casseroles to keep in the freezer until ready to eat.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Also, they love to have breakfast for dinner so I was hoping to find some breakfast g-free casseroles that can be frozen as well.  Thanks in advance!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gluten-Free Casseroles that can be frozen

• Options
    You could make pretty much any pasta dish w/ GF pasta.  I've found that Tinkyada is pretty good and one of the most reasonably priced GF pasta's on the market.  I've found it at most grocery stores that sell GF products. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

I like making quiches with gf crusts.  They freeze well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Quinoa pasta is super yummy, too!  When we don't use Tinkyada, we go with Ancient Harvest quinoa.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    CocoR04CocoR04 member
    I am gluten-free and make chicken/rice/broccoli/GF cream of mushroom soup casseroles that freeze well.  I also freeze turkey or chicken chili and other soups and stews, and lasagna.  I know you probably already know this, but please use new food storage containers (or the aluminum throw-away pans) to cut down on the risk of cross-contamination.  When I went gluten-free, I got new pans, pots, and storage containers to just be on the safe side!
  • Options
    Before you knock yourself out making them a fantastic dish, ask first if they're comfortable with you cooking for them.  Depending on why he's gluten-free, he may not be able to take the risk of cross-contamination.  I know for myself, if I were to eat anything prepared in a "normal" kitchen (meaning, using a colander/cutting board/wooden utensils/whatever that had at ANY other time been used on gluten ingredients), I would be sick.as.a.dog for days.  It only took me one time (plus a nasty learning experience at a restaurant) for me to understand that I cannot take the risk.  No matter how well-intentioned the person is, or how careful they say they are, unless they also suffer the same condition and truly understand "100% gluten free", I won't take a bite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"