High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Medicine Question

Maybe some of yall have had some experience with this and can help...

Ive been on Metformin for about a year now for my PCOS. (im not diabetic). I was told by my OB that it is safe to take right now but I should stop taking it at 12 weeks. Ive been doing some reading and have seen different outcomes from stopping Metformin during pregnancy.

Have any of yall been on Metformin during any of your pregnancies or know of anyone who has?

p.s. im not considered HR but i was hoping maybe posting here would create more answers.

Thanks!

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Medicine Question

• Options
    My dr had me stop at 14 weeks. He said it wasn't safe to be on it past then. If I had been diabetic he would have changed my medication, but since it was just for PCOS we stopped it. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageyemil359:
    My dr had me stop at 14 weeks. He said it wasn't safe to be on it past then. If I had been diabetic he would have changed my medication, but since it was just for PCOS we stopped it. 

thanks so much! have you seen any effects of stopping the metformin?

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Metformin is fine to be on for your whole pregnancy. It's used for GD in Australia and NZ the way we use glyburide here. The reason you get taken off of it for PCOS is that there's no proven benefit after the first tri. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't noticed any side effects!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"