January 2012 Moms

Still eating every 2 hours (ebf)?

DS is still eating every two hours during the day. I ebf and he is 14 weeks old. Any one else still on this schedule?  When I pump and give him a bottle he eats an avg of 3 oz.  it seems like a lot of ppl say their LO eats every three hours and 4+ oz.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Still eating every 2 hours (ebf)?

• I pump, so I started giving her a little more each time and she would be satisfied longer and longer. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Me! I EBF and he only goes every 2-2.5 hours. When he takes a bottle it is only 4 ozs. He sleeps pretty well at night so I don't really mind. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • lp0lp0 member
    I ebf and ds only goes about 2 -3 hrs during the day but has been sttn since 6 weeks old. Though the last few night ds has been waking up around 3am starving. He had his 4 month vaccines today and the dr told me I could start giving him cereal now so hopefully he won't be so hungry.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• My lo wants to eat every 2-3 hours still. When we give her a bottle she eats aboout 4 oz.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    AnniversaryImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MIne is fifteen weeks and often eats every two hours though this week she has started to sometimes go three to four but that just started.  When she gets a bottle, she sometimes eats six to eight ounces but I think my husband overfeeds her.  
  • My LO will be four months next week and is eating every 3-4 hours, 4-5 oz at a time.

Jen
  • DD eats every two hours. She went three hours today and I was elated. She sleeps 11 hours straight at night, so I suppose it is a trade off. 
  • DD is three months and when she is awake will eat every 1-2 hours. However she  sleeps alot with a ten hour stretch at night. She also takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon with shorter naps in the morning.

Does your LO sleep through the night? It could be that he is eating more during the day to make up for not eating through the night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I BF and supplement with formula.  During the day K eats about every 2-3 hours, sometimes a little longer if she's had some formula.  At night it's usually every 3-4 hours. Based on what I get when I pump, I'd say she's getting 3-4oz while BFing and her formula bottles are 3-4oz.

• DD gets one bottle a day for practice. It's 4 oz, but we're wondering if we shoul up it another 1/2-1 oz.  Last week at 13-14 weeks is when she finally started to go every 2.5-3 hours during the day. She's a good night sleeper, though, so I figured the frequent nursing during the day was the trade off.
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• DD usually eats 4oz every 3 hours at daycare, but will nurse anywhere from every 2-4 hours when at home. So we have no true schedule yet :)

ETA: But she is great about sleeping at night- usually 6+ hours the first stretch, then another 4-5 hours... and sometimes STTN.  

DD 1.18.2012
  • dyg201dyg201 member
    imageaeshipley:

DD is three months and when she is awake will eat every 1-2 hours. However she  sleeps alot with a ten hour stretch at night. She also takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon with shorter naps in the morning.

Does your LO sleep through the night? It could be that he is eating more during the day to make up for not eating through the night.

He was up every 3 hours at night for several weeks but the last 2 nights we swaddled him and he slept 6 then 4! I started swaddling him for naps too and he's like a whole new baby. Hopefully I'm not starting a bad habit, but he doesn't take a pacifier so I guess the swaddle is comforting him. It's weird bc it never seemed to work before but whatever!

Thanks for the responses...it's good to know I'm not the only one! 

• imagecrystalw13:
    DD eats every two hours. She went three hours today and I was elated. She sleeps 11 hours straight at night, so I suppose it is a trade off. 
    This.
    DD1 January, 2009
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yes - we are every 2 hrs still here @ 15 weeks.
  • Yikes - I was so excited to see so many other EBFers who were still nursing every 2 hours, until I read about how well they're sleeping at night. My DD was giving me 4 hours max at night until a week ago, and now she's up every 1-2 hours again. She's 15lbs, too! Argh. I know all babies are different but let's cut me a break, here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"