Infertility Veterans
Options

G&B vent (spoilers)

i am so happy for them but some of the stuff that was said regarding IVF annoyed me.

first of all when they did the transfer a couple of episodes ago they kept saying implantation!  THEY ARE NOT IMPLANTING EMBRYOS!!! They are TRANSFERRING THEM!!!!!  If RE's could implant embryos there would never been BFN's

ok, then this past week, they kept talking about false positives with IVF because of all the hormones!  WTF!!!  I've been on these board for over 4 years and have seen countless IVF cycles and not once have a I seen a false positive!!  seriously, where did they get this info?

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: G&B vent (spoilers)

• Options
    imagetheworms:

i am so happy for them but some of the stuff that was said regarding IVF annoyed me.

first of all when they did the transfer a couple of episodes ago they kept saying implantation!  THEY ARE NOT IMPLANTING EMBRYOS!!! They are TRANSFERRING THEM!!!!!  If RE's could implant embryos there would never been BFN's

ok, then this past week, they kept talking about false positives with IVF because of all the hormones!  WTF!!!  I've been on these board for over 4 years and have seen countless IVF cycles and not once have a I seen a false positive!!  seriously, where did they get this info?

The false-positive comment annoyed the pi$$ out of me too!  And to hear it from Bill himself, I was really shocked.  I thought he would've been more educated about IVF than that!

But yes, bottom line is I am very happy for them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I heard Anne Curry use the word "implant" when they were on the Today show and I wanted to reach through the TV screen and slap her. I wish G&B would've corrected her...Angry

And I don't get the false positive thing either...I've never heard of that happening if you test at 9dp5dt or 11dp3dt. 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetheworms:

Haha!! I said these exact things to DH during each episode! But yes, I am thrilled for them! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • Options
    imagetheworms:

I agree with the bolded. I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but last week I litterally cringed every time they said they implanted the embryos. It was like nails on a chalk board. I even yelled at the TV at one point... Embarrassed

• Options
    reb259reb259 member

our house is pretty open so while I am watching downstairs H is up on his computer he can hear the tv.  On Tuesdays episode even he yelled down "that's not true about the hormones"... he is learning.

The implanting commment is so annoying but I notice that anyone who hasnt gone thru IVF seems to use that word.  Oh to be fertile and never have to know...

I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • Options

LOL - I was just complaning to DH about both of those things!!!  I was like what the f is he talking about ?!?

Still very happy for them though. 

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets super annoyed at those inaccuracies!  If you are going to speak publicly about IVF, please for the love of God know what you are talking about!!!
  • Options
    Agreed.
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options

Both of those items drove me crazy, especially when they kept saying implanting.

They are transfered-not implanted!

And maybe they meant a chemical pregnant instead of a false positive? B/c yeah, I don't think there is such a thing unless you test right after your trigger.

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I am happy for them, but was also super annoyed every time they said implant. I WTF.

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Im happy for them too!

At this stage in the game, they should know about the trigger. Or heat mean a cp and not get it. My dh does not know ANYTHING about Ivf, and I did 3 fresh and 1 frozen in a yrs time.  They are dense! 

• Options
    I completely agree. But was I the only person annoyed when the doctor said "yup, she's super fertile" about the surrogate. as if the only problem was Guilianna wasn't capable of of carrying her own babies. Even if that was the case, what the F is the point of saying that to her!! I got really pissed at that.
    imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
    DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
    Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
    IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
    IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

• Options

imageNMscubagirl:
    I completely agree. But was I the only person annoyed when the doctor said "yup, she's super fertile" about the surrogate. as if the only problem was Guilianna wasn't capable of of carrying her own babies. Even if that was the case, what the F is the point of saying that to her!! I got really pissed at that.

No this totally annoyed me too - I mean it wasn't even her freaking egg.  I would have been upset if I was Guilanna.

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    imagemdluv21:

imageNMscubagirl:

No this totally annoyed me too - I mean it wasn't even her freaking egg.  I would have been upset if I was Guilanna.

that was fuckking annoying!  seriously, do people even think?

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    imagetheworms:

This drove me crazy too.  The only reason I could think of someone getting a false positive would have been if there was a trigger.  But, the surrogate wouldn't have had a trigger.  You would think they would know that.  My guess is they are either super dense or were trying to add drama for the tv show.

*P/SAIFW* TTC since 1/08 Clomid, 2 IUIs, 4 IVFs, FET 7 losses Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AmCheriAmCheri member

imagedancinaggie:
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets super annoyed at those inaccuracies!  If you are going to speak publicly about IVF, please for the love of God know what you are talking about!!!

This!  It's beyond annoying.  

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"