March 2012 Moms
Options

weight loss?

I go for my 6 week PP appt on Monday.  I;m nervous that my dr will coment on my lack of weight loss,  Within 2 weeks of delivery, I had lost about 1/2 of my pregnancy weight but since then, I haven't lost anything.  I'm eating a reasonable amount of calories for a breastfeeding woman. 

I'm hoping that I'll be cleared to workout on Monday. What are you doing to get back to PP weight?

Re: weight loss?

• Options
    I gained about 40lb total during my pregnancy. I lost about 25lb in the first two weeks pp but haven't lost much, if anything, since. I'm not sweating it yet. I've started taking walks and doing some pilates videos at home and I might start doing the elliptical and some weight lifting next week. I don't have my pp dr appt until May 14 and the inactivity is kind of starting to drive me nuts. I've stopped bleeding and am feeling pretty good. I had a second degree tear and stitches so I've been holding off on more rigorious exercise because I don't want to pop a stitch, but I think they're all healed up now. I'm also bf-ing. 
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am 4 weeks PP, with a c-section so I'm pretty sedentary. I'm 5 lbs. Away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Since Easter I cut out all junk food and have been eating very healthy. I had GD so I became pretty used to eating a lot of protein and veggies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hit my pre-pg weight within a week of giving birth but it is all spread out so my jeans don't fit. I also had 20 lbs to lose before getting pregnant. Because I had a C-section, I haven't been doing much. Thankfully, bf-ing is helping burn some calories for me. I'm one of those that as long as I am faithful with exercising, I don't have to change my diet overly much. I'm just bad at exercising. lol.

I have an elliptical that I will be using. Also have a pregnancy and postpartum workout DVD I will break out soon. I fully plan on starting back on my elliptical any day now. I'm healed and will be 6 weeks pp Tuesday. I don't go for my check up until 7 weeks though due to scheduling.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    I am 7 weeks pp and was finely cleared to exercise.  I've been going everyday to the gym and focusing on cardio (thanks to ILs and parents who don't mind watching DS). I do some lifting but only a few things a day.  I am focusing on one thing at a time.  Right now it is losing weight.  I have about 8 to go before I am back to my pre-pregger weight.  I'd like to lose 15 total though. I am not breastfeeding so I have also cut way back on my calorie intake since giving birth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I gained about 40lb and I have lost all but about 8lbs. I have my PP appointment on Monday and if I'm cleared to start working out, I will start Monday. So far I have just been taking walks with my LO, but I am breastfeeding.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Options

imageBabyBear12:
    I gained about 40lb total during my pregnancy. I lost about 25lb in the first two weeks pp but haven't lost much, if anything, since. I'm not sweating it yet. I've started taking walks and doing some pilates videos at home and I might start doing the elliptical and some weight lifting next week. I don't have my pp dr appt until May 14 and the inactivity is kind of starting to drive me nuts. I've stopped bleeding and am feeling pretty good. I had a second degree tear and stitches so I've been holding off on more rigorious exercise because I don't want to pop a stitch, but I think they're all healed up now. I'm also bf-ing. 

Same for me only I gained 60lbs and lost 26lbs in the first 2 wks. I'll be 6wks PP tomorrow and go for my 6 wk check tomorrow and Im hoping to get cleared for exercise... and SEX!

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    imageBabycakes29:

imageBabyBear12:

Same for me only I gained 60lbs and lost 26lbs in the first 2 wks. I'll be 6wks PP tomorrow and go for my 6 wk check tomorrow and Im hoping to get cleared for exercise... and SEX!

I got cleared on Tuesday... but between opposite work schedules, double shifts, 6 week growth spurts and such.. sexy time hasn't had a look in yet.  The one time we got to spend time in bed and cuddle.. LO decided to wake up and join in the cuddles lol...so we gave up that idea and instead had family time.. 4 cats and a baby and us LOL
  • Options

I walk briskly (2 mi.) per day at least 5-6 days per week.  I also do strength training 3 days a week.  I also do walk away the pounds or zumba a few days a week, too.  I am also breastfeeding.  I am watching what I eat, but am not on a diet.  I have about 10 lbs. left to lose and am almost 8 weeks pp.....so ready to get back to pp weight......

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"