December 2012 Moms

Eggs Over-Medium

Any idea if eggs cooked over-medium (runny center) are safe to eat? I really want to make some for dinner!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Eggs Over-Medium

• I'm curious about this too. I had some on Saturday for breakfast and didn't even think about it.  It's hard getting used to thinking about if that food is ok to eat or not.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last time I remember not eating them but I have had them a lot already this pregnancy.  My doctor didn't mention anything and it isn't listed on the paper she gave me of stuff not to eat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • They're riskier than scrambled or hard-cooked, to be sure, but the risk is run-of-the-mill food poisoning, namely salmonella. It'll make you sick, but not necessarily increase the risk of m/c - if that makes any sense.  Listeria's the one to watch out for, and it's not prevalent in eggs.

ETA: I personally don't limit it during pregnancy. Or at least, didn't last time. Looking at eggs right now makes me wanna barf though!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My list says to cook them all the way through.  Salmonella is fairly rare, though.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• When I was expecting DS I ate a fried egg sandwiches quite often, with the egg cooked over medium, and he was the picture of health (still is!). The worst that can happen is food poisoning, which is just going to make you very sick.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Thanks for all of the quick replies, cause I am hungry! I think I will make them!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• considering I have had food poisoning on fully cooked foods.. I don't really pay attention to the egg thing too much. HOWEVER I ate these about a week ago and my tummy no likey.  I think it was my tummy saying cook them fully next time.  I haven't had a problem since..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"