September 2011 Moms

Vomiting while sleep training

We decided to try sleep training again because sleep has been pretty bad lately, and I'm really, really trying to figure out how to get her back to taking naps. For 3 nights in a row, while crying, she gets so upset that she vomits everywhere. We then have to stop and clean, possibly bathe, change clothes and sheets, re-feed, etc.

Anyone deal with this or have tips? We've pretty much given up at this point because the nightly routine of her throwing up in her crib is draining and I don't want that to be the new norm.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: Vomiting while sleep training

• Ms5586Ms5586 member
    What about a different method?  No-Cry Sleep solution, Sleep Shuffle?  Unfortunately, CIO doesn't work for all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pips09Pips09 member

imageMs5586:
    What about a different method?  No-Cry Sleep solution, Sleep Shuffle?  Unfortunately, CIO doesn't work for all.

I think we may try the No Cry method, but it's just stumping me because we used the Sleep Easy method before, and it worked great for us. Then we had a bad few weeks where she was sick a lot, and it all went out the window. Now I can get her down, but she wakes up crying at 40 minutes, then 30 minutes, then 20 minutes, etc. I spend all evening trying to get her to go back to sleep.

• Loading the player...
  • Ms5586Ms5586 member
    imagePips09:

imageMs5586:

I think we may try the No Cry method, but it's just stumping me because we used the Sleep Easy method before, and it worked great for us. Then we had a bad few weeks where she was sick a lot, and it all went out the window. Now I can get her down, but she wakes up crying at 40 minutes, then 30 minutes, then 20 minutes, etc. I spend all evening trying to get her to go back to sleep.

What about some external factors?  Cold crib mattress sheet?  Mattress too hard?  Too hot?  Too cold?  Too dry?  Nightlight vs. no nightlight?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pips09Pips09 member

imagefaupanda:
    I would try to feed her first, and then do your regular nighttime routine, this way when you put her down, she isn't so full that she ends up throwing up.

I've actually tried something like this, and she still threw up at 45 minutes after she ate :(  I just can't figure this kid out. She has decided sleeping is for chumps. I think the only time she does actually sleep is just because she is so exhausted from fighting it.

• Pips09Pips09 member
    imageMs5586:
    imagePips09:

imageMs5586:

What about some external factors?  Cold crib mattress sheet?  Mattress too hard?  Too hot?  Too cold?  Too dry?  Nightlight vs. no nightlight?

I've tried playing with the temp in her room and how I dress her, no huge success. I think it makes a difference, and then the next night, no dice. Good ideas, though- I'll keep trying to change the environment in her room to see if anything seems to make a difference. Thanks for the advice :)

• Pips09Pips09 member

Why flames? That's a good idea- do you think it will work with a jersey sheet? I don't think we have any flannel, but I'll try it!

• I agree that cozy might help dd sleeps bett with a flannel crib sheet and I sometimes double them up to make it a bit cushier. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"