C-sections
Options

what was or is your routine at 2 wks. post c-section?

I tried to go for a short stroll the other day and it was painful! I am tired of feeling "cooped up" in the house. I can't drive yet because of pain meds... trying to wean myself of those also. I feel like my routine is just hanging out doing nothing and even the baby is getting bored. My DH went straight back to work. So its just us here all day alone! I feel like the narco pain med. makes me sleepy, so whenever I get inspired to read a good book, or start a little household project then I start to fall asleep. I know this sounds whiney, but I am hoping you may suggestions / advice? I think laying around all day is sort of unhealthy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what was or is your routine at 2 wks. post c-section?

• Options
    I got up and took a shower before DH went to work. Then DD and I camped out and nursed. I watched a lot of TV. Nursed LO, changed LO, dozed while LO napped and repeat. I don't think laying around all day after major abdominal surgery is unhealthy. If  you feel like that in a month, then you can worry.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

imagepepomntpat:
    I got up and took a shower before DH went to work. Then DD and I camped out and nursed. I watched a lot of TV. Nursed LO, changed LO, dozed while LO napped and repeat. I don't think laying around all day after major abdominal surgery is unhealthy. If  you feel like that in a month, then you can worry.

exactly this. i let myself heal and survived the newborn days. that was about as productive as i got. i also became an expert at what was on TV at various times of the day. i had plenty of time once i was recovered to go out and about with LO. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay, well that is making me feel a little better about being so entirely un-productive. I do all of the same... but I shower later in the morning... I just put LO in his bouncy chair by the shower. My DH goes to work at 5:30am so there is no way I am doing an early morning shower before he leaves... especially because I am the one who gets up all night long with our little sweetie. Thank you for making me feel better ladies!
  • Options

For me it was closer to 2.5-3 weeks before I felt mostly good all the time. Getting off of the narcotic pain meds made a big difference in my energy level. I stayed on the ibuprofen for a while longer. 

Ad pp have said, just caring for yourself and baby is a lot of work! Give it another week or two before you get too concerned about doing more. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My routine since the day after i went home has been, get up let my dog play outside, drive to the nicu & sit there for 8 hours with my son. my dr okd my driving. ive been active so its going to take longer to heal. yes it hurt to be so active, but you do what you have to. it still is swollen & hurts occasionaly, but my ob said its to be expected because i never gave myself time to recover. i didnt have a choice.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I eased into walking around 2 weeks PP.  My first walk was only 15 mins and I was quickly up to 40 mins.  At 2 weeks PP, I wasn't doing much laundry yet, but was doing dishes.  Not much house cleaning, but I did try to go out 1x a day for a short trip.  I over did it last week at 3 weeks PP, though.  This week I'm taking it easy again.  I'm getting out, but not for multiple stops.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

imagepepomntpat:

This I listened to my doctor who told me not to do a thing but care for my DD and rest, relax and take care of myself for four weeks. After that I was told I could slowly increase my activity. I would have hated to do anything that would have potentially harmed my healing process or popped a stitch or anything like that.

• Options

imagepepomntpat:

This except DH goes to work at 4am so I did not get up and shower before he went to work. 

• Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member

Laying around is unhealthy. However, at two weeks I was super tired - up every two hours around the clock to BF.

At one week, I went out and walked around. My Mom was here visiting and we went to a Christmas festival. I had ds in the Moby and we just walked and checked things out. I took it easy and it was fine.

Can you pop baby in the stroller and just go around your neighborhood? And cut your pain med in half maybe? I only had Advil and by one week out I think I took 400mg once a day, before activity, and it helped.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    jssica2jssica2 member
    Hi im jessica i have had 2 c-s i know its hared just being at home i did that 2 but u need 2 sleep when the LO dos so u will feel better i did a lot whith my frist c-s my 2st one i did not get 2 sleep that much becuas i had a 2yrold. at that time so sleeping was out 4 me. but if u can sleep do so.... the morre u rest the morre u will hiell fast thats what i thank so dont thank about how bored u r staying home just sleep girl sleep u will need all u can
  • Options

The first week or two I just did laps around the house and increased by 1 lap each time I tried. Primarily, I nursed DS, tried to nap when he did and watched tv when I couldn't sleep. I think I put something frozen in the oven on a good day, but DH did all of the laundry and "cleaned" if necessary. I went to the store a week out and was in a fair amount of pain for a day or so. 

I think I was about 5 weeks before I could get around the grocery store at a normal pace and complete the shopping trip.  Before that, DH would go ahead of me and grab things from the back of the store because I was walking so slowly that I couldn't keep up with him. 

I found that if I dialled it back a bit from what I thought I could handle, I would do just fine. I was far more ambitious than my body would permit for at least a month. (Heck, 9 months out I still get sore if I overdo things...like 6 or 7 hour walks at the zoo) 

• Options

imagepregmama:
    I tried to go for a short stroll the other day and it was painful! I am tired of feeling "cooped up" in the house. I can't drive yet because of pain meds... trying to wean myself of those also. I feel like my routine is just hanging out doing nothing and even the baby is getting bored. My DH went straight back to work. So its just us here all day alone! I feel like the narco pain med. makes me sleepy, so whenever I get inspired to read a good book, or start a little household project then I start to fall asleep. I know this sounds whiney, but I am hoping you may suggestions / advice? I think laying around all day is sort of unhealthy!

I know how you feel.  I felt like all I did was sleep, hold LO, and feed LO.  Taking it easy is honestly the best thing you can do right now.  Your body is still healing from major surgery and you will heal quicker if you take it easy on yourself.  If you feel cooped up, open the windows and doors or sit outside.   Walking is good for you as well, just push past the pain.  Laying around at two weeks PP is hardly unhealthy.  It gets better!  Don't worry!

• Options
    imagesbartschke:

imagepepomntpat:

This except DH goes to work at 4am so I did not get up and shower before he went to work. 

All of this. And what another pp said about "survival"... We moved from NY to Louisiana when DS was 3mo so when I got a spurt of energy I would clean or organize something, but that wasn't until closer to the move. For me just sitting out on the porch or going to Target with DH for a short outing was "getting out" for me. We would walk around the block in the evening after dinner and the evening feeding but it was slow and nothing ambitious, lol!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"