May 2011 Moms
Options

When are you giving LO milk?

Hi ladies! I can't believe our LO's will be 1 years old in the next couple of weeks! Time is going wayyyyy too fast! It kind of makes me want to have another one soon!

I was just wondering when will you guys start to give LO reg whole milk ?? My Dr. said that I don't really have to wean DD off formula, that I can switch right to milk. So are you switching after LO's birthday, before, on the exact birthday?? Just wondering! I was really excited to finally buy my last tub of formula for a while at least!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When are you giving LO milk?

• Options

We bought our last tub hopefully this weekend.

Right now, we are completely weaning her off the bottle. She has been completely bottle free since Friday night. I figure that I am going to have her completely on the cups for a week, and then slowly mixing milk with her formula. I didn't want to change everything at once :)  

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options

I started last week.  I sent her a sippy cup of milk to daycare.  She started on Thursday.  She did the cup and one bottle of breast milk.  On Friday, she just did the cup.

over the weakend, I gave her milk in a sippy, but still nursed her on demand.  I am planning on dropping a pumping session at a time.. which I started on Thursday night. each week, I'll drop another and hopefully increase more milk.  

I plan to go right to cups.  I have no interest in putting whole milk into her bottles.  I don't think she'll have much issues considering she's been bottle free while home for months.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That was another question I had regarding milk in a bottle or sippy cup! So how many feedings are you giving LO milk to wean them
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I started her on it about 10.5 months. 
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have been doing milk in a sippy for a few weeks now. But just on and off. I am not in that big of a rush since I plan on continuing to nurse for awhile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Started last week and she has tolerated it well.  I'm beginning to think the only way I'm going to move her from bottle to cup is to hide the bottles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I just started giving DS milk this week.   He has never used bottles (EBF),  so I just started using a sippy cup.  He has had a sippy cup with water with his meals since he was 6 months, so he had no problem with milk in a sippy cup.  

The first time I gave him milk he took one sip, realized it was milk and chugged like 3ozs and then refused to let go of the sippy cup.

I'm just replacing the odd nursing session with WCM for the next couple of weeks and then I will start gradually weaning him to just nursing in the morning. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We started WCM at 11 months. We give it to her in a sippy cup at meal time. Otherwise, she gets very watered down juice or water at snack time, also in a sippy cup. Lydia gets about 2 bottles of formula per day. One mid-morning, and one bed time bottle. We will wean off of bottles and formula at the same time when the formula is gone, which will be about a month..... I'm not as eager to get rid of bottles this time, as I was with my first DD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"