C-sections

2.5 weeks after C...insane gas/stomach pain!!

i had my C section on april 12...and i feel like my stomach may never be the same...i get horrible indigestion, and just overall stomach pains...ouchhh...i am assuming this is normal and that it does go away...holy moly!!

thanks! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: 2.5 weeks after C...insane gas/stomach pain!!

• Is it stomach pain or bowel pain? I had indegestion and stomach cramps on and off for about 4 weeks... Are you going to the bathroom regularly?? If not, I'd call your doctor other than that, it should go away soon.
  • That doesn't sound normal. Check w your doctor. That's what they are there for. Call the on call nurse and see if she has suggestions. I took stool softeners and gas x for quite a bit after c/s.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this on and off for about six months. I was not constipated and my doctor pretty much blew me off. I don't know if it is exactly normal, but it did go away eventually.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagestarburst210:

i had my C section on april 12...and i feel like my stomach may never be the same...i get horrible indigestion, and just overall stomach pains...ouchhh...i am assuming this is normal and that it does go away...holy moly!!

thanks! 

I've heard a lot about people being gassy post c-sections. But I'd check with your doc just in case. 

• Yes this is normal and I though something was very wrong with my surgery when I had these pain's. I told the doc and they gave me medication, but I don't remember the name of the medication talk to your doc. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MDC- 10-2-96 CEC- 4-12-98 EEC- 3-10-01
  • JLS0320JLS0320 member
    I was severely constipated and has extreme gas pains for the 1st 3 wks after my Csection. It took almost 2 mos to get back to normal, I took milk of magnesia and colace to help straighten things out, plus ate a FiberPlus bar daily
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Make sure you're drinking enough! When I was bf'ing I was horribly constipated (and dry all around if you KWIM) until DS dropped a feeding around 4mo. My gf suggested that I was probably a little dehydrated since it eased up once that feeding stopped. Also gas-x (which is simethicone, the same thing that I was given in the hospital) helped and try and ease up on the gassy veggies (broccoli and beans). Maybe it's a certain food that's making it worse... For me it was broccoli.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"