Pregnant after 35
Options

Can I join you ladies?

Hi ladies!  I am 34 but my EDD is just 6 weeks before my 35th birthday, so my doctor is sort of putting me into the 35 & over category in terms of recommending the NT scan and other tests.  Had I known, I wouldn't have felt so much pressure to try to get pregnant at 34.. might have been a little more relaxed about the whole thing.. but happily here I am.  Anyway, after lurking around here for a bit, I think I might find this board pretty useful.  Would you mind a just under 35? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Can I join you ladies?

• Options

Hi and welcome!

I was still 34 when I got pregnant with DS and I tried to rationalize that that meant I wasn't AMA. No one bought it Stick out tongue

But seriously, it's no biggie and, usually, doesn't alter care too much. 

Healthy and happy 9 months to you!

• Options

Ha, thanks. I feel like I'm missing out on getting "credit" for being "under 35"!  I know it's stupid & doesn't really matter, though. 

Happy & healthy 9 mos to you too!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FemShepFemShep member

imagefishy24:
    Hi ladies!  I am 34 but my EDD is just 6 weeks before my 35th birthday, so my doctor is sort of putting me into the 35 & over category in terms of recommending the NT scan and other tests.  Had I known, I wouldn't have felt so much pressure to try to get pregnant at 34.. might have been a little more relaxed about the whole thing.. but happily here I am.  Anyway, after lurking around here for a bit, I think I might find this board pretty useful.  Would you mind a just under 35? 

No, we require ID to get in.

;)

Welcome Fishy! 

• Options
    ELF4321ELF4321 member
    Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options
    imageFemShep:

imagefishy24:

No, we require ID to get in.

;)

Welcome Fishy! 

ha, ha, awesome. I really like this board. 

8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yay, come hang with us old broads. Congrats and welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome aboard and congrats! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

Congrats and welcome!

My OB offers the NT scan and other test to all his patients, so maybe that is your OB's policy too.  I am 36 and so far I haven't been treated any differently than any of his non-AMA patients.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    fishy24fishy24 member
    Thanks everyone!  I would love to get carded.  That never happens anymore! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"