Food Allergy
Options

Need to add more fat into my diet easily - ideas please? (Dairy/eggs/peanuts)

I'm breastfeeding and my supply is tanking quickly because my body is totally rejecting this new diet. I've lost 6lbs in the last 6 days. While that's a nice perk I am changing my diet to feed my son who's allergic to dairy/eggs/peanuts.

I'm already using almond butter on toast, almonds and eating meat 2-3 times a day. Can you think of anything I can add that doesn't take much cooking to add fat daily to my diet? I'm so new to this I'm clueless....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need to add more fat into my diet easily - ideas please? (Dairy/eggs/peanuts)

• Options
    What about avocados, flax oil, coconut milk?
  • Options
    Coconut milk yogurt? Trail mix with a mix of nuts and dried fruit? Banana bread?

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Almond butter is great!

add hummus, avocados, yogurt (coconut), beans.  Add butter (earths best) or olive oil to everything.

Make yourself smoothies using almond milk and/or yogurt. 

I was having a supply issue last month and we're Milk, Egg, Nut free in the house and I eat oatmeal with a banana every morning now and that fills me up and i've been having "Mothers milk" tea which is helping.  For some reason oatmeal always helps me with my supply.

• Options
    Cook with olive oil or drizzle it on veggies, Applegate Farms makes dairy free sausage links. You could also do chicken thighs, bacon, other nuts. Ditto pp about oatmeal, it's a great natural way to boost your supply.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    Rice Dream ice cream or Almond Dream ice cream smothered with Hershey's syrup!
  • Options

Definitely coconut oil! Don't let the high saturated fat content scare you, it's medium chain fatty acids so they're healthy!

You could easily cook with it, put it on toast, add it to a smoothie, take it straight, etc.  

• Options

I just read an article about cutting carbohydrates really tanking some peoples supply, so maybe you can try to get more carbs too. 

I did a lot of coconut milk yogurt/ice cream, avocado, earth balance on everything, tuna with olive oil, did I say coconut milk ice cream? I also ate a lot of soy yogurt and made smoothies with added coconut oil.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    yeladimyeladim member
    When I was losing a lot of weight from BFing, I started eating avocado, nuts (cashews/almonds), and lots of protein bars. How about a bagel spread with margarine or with tuna?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

coconut milk ice cream is soooo good : ) better than dairy ice cream.

And no hershey's syrup! Someone posted about that, but there's milk in it!  

• Options
    imageamy21tom:

Hershey's syrup IS dairy free. 

• Options
    imageMiller238:
    imageamy21tom:

Hershey's syrup IS dairy free. 

seriously?! I was missing out! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"