Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Can I ask ya'll a TMI question?

For those of you who have loved and lossed, I'm so very sorry for you.  You have my sympathies.  I'm in the same boat.

My question for you is... What did your first period look like after your miscarriage? 

My husband and I had sex this past Friday and afterwards (not right after, more like a few hours to overnight) I started to spot, without cramps.  But it was heavy enough to have to change my light pad.  I've been spotting ever since. 

It's been not quite a month since we lost our little one, so I don't know if it is my uterus still healing or if it's my period. 

I'm just curious if this is normal or if I've started my period.  I really don't want to call my doctor and add on to the bills that we've already started to get. 

Thanks for your input.  (((Hugs))) to all of you on this board.

Re: Can I ask ya'll a TMI question?

• According to a website I was reading on pregnancy loss (don't remember which one), your first AF post-m/c can be strange - either lighter or heavier than normal, longer or shorter. What they said was that for it to "count," it needs to be more than just spotting (you need to have a bit on the TP when you wipe), and it has to have been 21 days since you last bled. That isn't a doctor's opinion, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• after my loss i got my period 6 wks later and it lasted only 4 days and wasn't close to what i usually experience. when i get my period i have cramps so bad i throw up pass out sometimes and break into sweats, well got that first period and i was like wow this is nothing, well day 22 of next cycle and it was back full force. everyone is so different and my cycle was always perfect every 28 days. it really messes with your system so they told me don't worry unless it is over 8-10 wks, sorry not much comfort but that was my little story
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image DD #1 1-31-02 DD#2 9-26-08 BFP#3 1-31-02 mc 2-23-12 BFP #4 EDD 3-22-13 KACIE
  • Loading the player...
  • Counting the day of of the miscarriage as day 1 of my new cycle (I had a day and a half of spotting before), I only bled till day 5. On day 24 I started spotting. I thought it was my second period. I ended up spotting for 31 days. I had an ultrasound and blood tests, but they found no reason for the prolonged spotting. I do have a history of low progesterone. I'm getting tested for all sorts of other things. After I stopped spotting, about 2 weeks later I noticed a normal fertile mucus pattern. I was able to identify a peak day and my period started 10 days later, right on schedule.

That first round of spotting though was strange. The first few days it was really dark and almost spongy or tissue like. It eventually lightened up.

Everyone's different. If you have any concerns though, maybe just give your doctor a call and leave a message asking if they even want you to come in.  

bfp 12/23/11 m/c 9w2d 02/10/12 EDD 09/05/12 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thank you all for the information that you gave me.  I appreciate it.

(Wouldn't it be lovely if there was no need for this board?)

(((HUGS))) to you all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"