April 2011 Moms
Options

Is it too late to cloth diaper?

Hey all...

I don't use cloth diapers - since my DD was born I have been using disposables. When she was born last year, she was still a small squish during the summer time and I really didn't spend much time outdoors with her. But this summer she is 1 and I plan on doing lots of outdoor activities with her. I live in MD where summers are hot & humid.

For some reason I am getting paranoid about disposable diapers in hot weather. I keep thinking that it isn't very breathable & could be possible breeding grounds for yeast infections & such. Am I crazy for thinking that?

So I was thinking for the weekends & the times we are at home to cloth diaper. DD's daycare will only accept disposable diapers, so we would continue those during the week while she is in day care. Do you think that is a waste? Am I too late in the game?

Any cloth diapering advice is appreciated! Thanks, mamas!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it too late to cloth diaper?

• Options
    Are you planning on having more kids? If so, then I'd say go for it. You can use them through multiple children. Or, if you're only planning on using them while you're at home, just get a handful and reuse them since she'll be in disposables at daycare. Since she'll be in diapers for at least another year, you'll definitely recover the cost and think of how you're bettering the earth :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

No you are not to late.  I LOVE my cloth diapers.

Here is a post I wrote explaining a lot of your options. Clicky

You can also feel free to email me with any questions.  growingupanjwife {at} gmail {dot} com.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're not too late! I only CD at home, since my daycare won't accept them. I love, love, love my AIO (all in one) swaddlebees and my eco-buns, and my, and my.. LOL That's how it is- you become a CD Maniac! Most of mine are 8-35lbs adjustable. It can be very overwhelming when you start researching all of the options. AIO's, Flips, Snappies or pins?, Wool covers? The laudering methods involved, yadda, yadda. The CD board has a FAQ that is very helpful, but feel free to email me if you'd like. GL!!!
  • Options

I love CDing.  Our nanny does it at her house and when she went to a daycare center they allowed us to use pockets.

My favorites, now that DD is bigger, are BumGenuis, Grovia and FuzziBunz.

Good luck!  I hope CDing works out for you.

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Options
    imagelilylow:

No you are not to late.  I LOVE my cloth diapers.

Here is a post I wrote explaining a lot of your options. Clicky

You can also feel free to email me with any questions.  growingupanjwife {at} gmail {dot} com.

OMG, thanks for the link in your blog - you explained it so nicely!  I just bought a GroVia kit from a local store that I am going to pick up either tonight or tomorrow.  The kit includes 3 covers, 50 inserts, & some detergent samples.  I think that is a good start for me.

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

Awesome, you will really like/love CDing.  We use the Blueberry OS brand and plan to try a different brand for our new LO (just for new born size).

I hope it all works out for you.  You will love the fluffy bum. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow, thank you thank you for asking this questions. I have been wanting to CD too but have not taken the plunge and i was wondering if i was too late.  Did you know they sell AIO at Target now?? they were 20 dollars a piece.  I might take this route with you!
  • Options

imagenettie27:
    Wow, thank you thank you for asking this questions. I have been wanting to CD too but have not taken the plunge and i was wondering if i was too late.  Did you know they sell AIO at Target now?? they were 20 dollars a piece.  I might take this route with you!

Oh wow....I didn't know they carried some in the store. I will have to check them out!  I think in the long run it will save us money, eco friendly, & more breathable in the summer.

Let's do this, Nettie! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"