C-sections

Bleeding ? (tmi)

So im a little over 2 wks pp and i stopped bleeding about a week after my section but now it came back with a vengence. Its like a dark burnt red brown color. I was told the bleeding could come back after 2 wks but i wasnt expecting the gushes again and soaking a pad within 2 minutes. Is that normal? Has anyone experienced this? Should i call my ob? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bleeding ? (tmi)

• Discharge instructions I was given were that as long as I wasn't filling a large pad in an hour then it is probably not a cause for concern.  Since you said you filled a pad in 2 minutes, I think you should call your OB to be safe. 

Try not to worry, I'm sure it is fine, but again wouldn't hurt to call the OB since you did have a heavy bleed from what you described.  Most people bleed for several weeks after (a recent post on the board had many replies of bleeding up to 7 weeks pp). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Everything the PP just said! call your ob if your really filling a pad within a few mins. mine said to call if i filled a pad in an hour.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Filling a pad or liner?  I was filling a liner very quickly too and my dr said not to worry; when they say that they mean a big pad. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If your worried, I would call...can't hurt.  I remember bleeding for weeks after my c/s though. 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"