Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Rock n Play Sleeper?

Anyone have experience with this, get it, skip it, what are your thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rock n Play Sleeper?

• Options
    I've heard great things about them and have several friends who have them - especially being used in place of a bassinet.  I wasn't going to invest in one since we have the pack-n-play and planned to use that in place of the bassinet, but I did register for one and I was lucky enough to get one.  I don't think they're necessary, but I've only heard good reviews and raves about them.
  • Options
    We have one to either use at home or take with us when we go over the in-laws so LO won't have to sit in his car seat the majority of the time when we're visiting. I've heard great things about it but it's not necessary.  I got it cause amazon had a great sale one day otherwise I would just use the bouncer we have (another great amazon deal).  I know some people use it for the first few weeks/months when LO is in there room but it seems a bit too low for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We bought one just in case and kept it in the box until DS was born.

We ended up using it in our room for the first 8 weeks. I loved it. It was cheaper and made more sense than a bassinet. Now that we aren't using it it's folded up close to a closet wall and never gets in the way. I don't know where we would have stored a bulky bassinet. Beyond this I think the RnP is more cozy for a baby (more of a cradle design).

DH wanted LO to go straight to the crib. Once we got him home though that seemed like a scary idea (to us anyway) even though his room is right next to ours. We have a PnP too--but keep it on our main level (while bedrooms are upstairs).

We got the cheaper version (the yellow one). It ended up costing us less than $40. It's not something that needs to be fancy. Like I said, we used it for 8 weeks...and it was in our bedroom so I don't think any of our guests saw it.  

I think the reviews that say it will cause flat heads are a bunch of crap. That situation can happen in a swing, crib, anywhere a baby is left too long. Don't let those reviews detour you.

It was awesome to have after a surprise c-section and with breastfeeding. If it were me I'd get it and leave it in the box until you get a feel of the situation. It might be useful, or you can return it and not lose anything.

• Options
    We had one and loved it. We used it exclusively for nighttime sleep from birth until 7 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We received a hand me down bassinet so we originally skipped it but after dd was diagnosed with reflux we got one and it has been a miracle. Id get one and leave it in the box until you decide if you need it.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Used it with DS until 7 months old and LOVED it! I recommend it to everyone. DS slept in it till 3 months old next to the bed. It was easier to touch him than reach up and over the mini PnP. Then during the day we used it downstairs to put down LO and still be able to interact with him. It was a back saver and we have Two dogs so it was also nice to not have him at their faces.
  • Options
    These weren't around when I had my first two and I wish they had been. It's super portable and a great place for baby to sleep or even just hang out in while you need to do something. I recommend it to all my pregnant friends.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

We had one and we used it exclusively for naps and sleep for the first 8 weeks. Then he decided that he didn't want to sleep in it at night anymore so we only used it for naps and as a place to set him when we were trying to get some cleaning done.

I also don't believe the flat spot issue. It can happen anywhere where your babies head is going to be resting. My sons head never had a flat spot and he was in that thing quite a bit. It just seems like they are reaching for something to blame.

1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Love it. Our DD did not like to sleep flat for quite some time, so the incline helped. Also, it's much easier to see the baby from your bed than it is with a bassinet; we had a bassinet also and I had to sit up in my bed in order to actually see her inside.

It's super easy to take to grandma's house or wherever you might need a place for baby to sleep. We toted it around the house for her to sit in during the day as well, and even after we transitioned her into the crib we still used it for her to sit in during the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Both of my babies had reflux.  It came out right before my DS was born and he loved it.  It really helped him sleep with the reflux symptoms.  We used it for the first few months until he started to be more squirmy.  When he was 6 wks old I had to travel to Chicago and it was great to take because the set up in the hotel was so quick and easy compared to fighting with a pnp.

It's folded up in his closet now taking up minimal space and getting ready to break it out again for baby sister in July.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used it for the first few months with my twins and at the time, I thought it was great... and it was. Now I wished I hadn't. They did get flat heads from it and I do believe it is from the RnP. I didn't use the RnP with my first child and never had any issues. This time around, both their heads got flat spots and I believe it's because there is hard plastic behind the material. I ended up slipping a blanket between the material and the plastic to give it some cushion.. and eventually stopped using them  when I realized the cause.
    image image
  • Options
    I highly recommend it.  DD did not like sleeping laying flat--well, she flat out refused.  So the RNP was my savior.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"