Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone else not notice growth spurts?

With all the talk about babies being particularly hungry/cranky/sleepy during growth spurts, I have yet to notice one with my LO. He always eats a lot, about every 2-3 hrs around the clock, and is never particularly cranky. Somedays he sleeps more than others but nothing too noticeable. So far I guess we've been through the 10day and 3 wk spurts, I hear terrible things about the 6wk spurt but now I'm wondering if I will even notice it. Anyone else?
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else not notice growth spurts?

• I haven't really noticed.  My DS is all over the place so there is nothing noticeable. With the way he eats I feel like he is always going through a growth spurt :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have never noticed a one.  Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Exactly! DD has never cluster fed or anything like that. I haven't noticed any growth spurts at all. But she has been fussier than normal lately, but I think it's because we switched from BM to formula. 
  • I didn't notice any of the 10 day, 3 week etc. but I sure as heck noticed the 6 weeks one! No cluster feeding but the return of the evening cranky. :)

I hope your babies continue to grow without the cranky! :) Someone should have all the luck! ;) 

• I never noticed any with my daughter - she was just always fussy for pretty much the first 3 months of her life straight :) 
  • Nothing here and we should have just had the 6 week. She did wake up once in the night to eat, but I attribute that to stopping the swaddle. I have not noticed anything at any of the milestones so far. My LO is typically a happy, easygoing baby. 
  • I never noticed much in the first month with either of my girls...I feel like the whole first month is one big spurt anyway as you establish your supply.  However, I did notice the other ones.  6 weeks was a doozy with my first, but not as big a deal with my second...and then we had a wicked spurt at 9 weeks with this one which caught me off guard because I don't even remember there being a spurt at 9 weeks with my first.  LOL

I really can't imagine that your LO will never show signs of a spurt.  :) 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I noticed the 3 week one. I did not notice any thing at 6 weeks.
  • DS has eaten every 2 hours since the day he was born... we RARELY go more than 3 hours at night, so no.  I don't notice growth spurt changes... Maybe he has been going through one that lasts 10 weeks??  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had nothing until the 6-week spurt.  DD went from consistently drinking 4 oz every three-four hours, to drinking pretty much non-stop - 4 oz at one feeding, then an ounce every half hour for three or four hours, then slept for three hours and woke up ravenous.  As I told DH, during the spurt, don't discount hunger as a cause for fussing just because she just ate a full meal.
  • I didn't notice the early ones, but I noticed the 6 week one.  It started with her sleeping through the night.  I was so happy that I got a full night sleep, but it was like she was preparing me for what was to come.  She ate every hour and a half, and did not sleep a wink the next night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Interesting to hear other's experiences! I will be watching for the 6wk spurt, DS is gaining weight like crazy so hopefully it won't be terribly traumatic since he seems to be growing all the time anyways!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We didn't really notice the 10 day or the 3 week ones, but we just got done (I hope) with the 6 week growth spurt and we definitely noticed lol.  So hungry and fussy, but he didn't want to sleep!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"