Success after IF

Great timing for a pg announcement (vent)

This board is so slow so I figured maybe someone is bored and wants to read a vent!  

We are pretty secretive about IF.  MIL knew it was a "long journey" to conceive DS but we never shared details.  We brought her over to spill the beans it was IVF and we are actively cycling again.  

I'm all emotional, but done spilling the beans and my phone beeps.  My good friend wants to know if she can call.  We never call unless it's important/problem and her DH just broke his leg so I figure it's an emergency.  I say yes.

Well she called to inform me she's 7 weeks pg.  She doesn't know of our struggles, I'm not mad at her.  But it's like a knife in the heart.  I figured it was coming.  She was all depressed and paranoid because it didn't work the first cycle and she totally cried the blues to me.  Little did she know we've been trying months!!  I totally *knew* she was pg but wasn't thinking clearly so I didn't expect announcement tonight.

This am was bummed that I don't think stims are going that well which makes me nervous, trying to juggle monitoring with child care is hard, trying to save money and order meds only as needed while still working is a challenge, spilling the beans with MIL ... of course THIS was the perfect time for her to share.

I've been staying upbeat and positive, taking things one day at a time.  But today was one of those days where I feel beat up.  Of all days for her to call.  And then I had to hold my emotional breakdown in until MIL left.  

Ah well ... it could always be worse, right?!  I'm lucky and blessed in so many ways.  Thanks for listening ... time to put my head back up and move on! 

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Great timing for a pg announcement (vent)

• i am sure that is a blow while you're cycling.  hopefully this cycle will be successful, and you and your friend will have overlapping pregnancies.

but things are always harder when your emotions are invested in your own struggles to get pregnant.  i know i always have mixed emotions when i hear a pregnancy announcement. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • don't worry, you're not a bad evil hearted person.  That's just IF for you.

My SIL told us she is pregnant again with #2.  We had our kids around the first time, and me and DH were already talking about another baby.  I'm totally jealous and not happy.  I would have rather it have been me and not her.  I was also so upset when she conceived her first because I was going through IF struggles and wasn't sure if I would ever get pg.  I did get pg with twins a few months later.  So I'm grateful to G-d but also still want another baby down the line, and again she beat me to it.  

I bet she was jealous I had twins (b/g) so probably wanted a second right away and I know she wants a girl.

I'm thinking me and her have issues?  LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugggg... That just sucks. I am so sorry hon. Hopefully you will be announcing your pregnancy very soon!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • MAK06MAK06 member
    imagegoogle123:

don't worry, you're not a bad evil hearted person.  That's just IF for you.

My SIL told us she is pregnant again with #2.  We had our kids around the first time, and me and DH were already talking about another baby.  I'm totally jealous and not happy.  I would have rather it have been me and not her.  I was also so upset when she conceived her first because I was going through IF struggles and wasn't sure if I would ever get pg.  I did get pg with twins a few months later.  So I'm grateful to G-d but also still want another baby down the line, and again she beat me to it.  

I bet she was jealous I had twins (b/g) so probably wanted a second right away and I know she wants a girl.

I'm thinking me and her have issues?  LOL

Ha! Sounds like you two do have some issues! Hope it happens quick for you when you start trying!  And thanks so much ladies!! Nice to have people who understand!  

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"