Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

cough?!

My son just started doing this coughing thing. Now Im not sure if hes just found a new noise he can make or if its something I should take him to the pedi for. He isn;t showing any signs of being sick he is teething so he has extra drool and he has reflux so Im not sure if the drool is going down his throat or if the acid is bothering him. But I hate to rush to the pedi if hes just messing with me lol. any one going through the same thing?!

thanks! =)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: cough?!

• Options
    My little guy fake coughs. Which turns into a real cough when his throat gets scratchy from it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yea he doesnt do it all the time. but more so when hes excited or when we talk to him and then he keeps doing it. so Im thinking hes a faker lol but I just wanted to see if any one else LOs where doing the same thing around this age.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    coughing can be from all the extra salivia in their mouth from teething.
  • Options
    DD fake coughs a lot.  When it sounds like a "wet" cough (like there is mucus) that is when I get more concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My ds does the fake cough allll the time. I know it's fake because he smiles when he does it : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is the age when they start faking it for attention. Also, like pp said, it could be related to extra saliva. I wouldn't worry unless LO shows other signs of being sick.
  • Options

hahahah!

This is SO FUNNY I saw this post b/c DS just recently started doing this :S

Of course being a FTM I ran to the doc freaking out thinking the worst that he had bronchitis or something and guess what??!! Faker! haha, he does it when he gets really excited or wants to try and talk and get attention and I recently found out that he learned from gma! GRRr?.she would do it and he imitates! She also has taught him to stick out his tongue at us! Lovely! haha

He had no other symptoms of being sick but I was worried and unless they start choking a lot and it sounds wet with mucous etc then its apparently totally normal!

haha, little buggers ;)  

• Options
    thank u ladies for the replys. Now I dont have to worry! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"