Military Families
Options

WIC and GI BIll?

Anyone know if you need to claim GI bill housing stipen on the WIC application? I forgot to ask today when I called. Just curious since its not taxable and we do not claim it on our taxes as income. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WIC and GI BIll?

• Options
    Um they never asked me about that and I'm on WIC. I would call and ask just in case because you don't want to be called in for fraud if you're not allowed to have that and be on WIC. Better safe than sorry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah I am trying to figure out how we even get proof of it, other than printing our bank statement out. But it changed monthly, its prorated on the amount of days you are in class, so it changes. I dont even know. ugh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm by far no expert on the subject but since it's a "benefit" and not a taxable income I don't see how they could hold that against you.  That's like them saying financial aid is an income.
  • Options
    I have no idea! My husband went to the VA office at his school and asked, and they had no idea and said they have no way of even making a document to prove it. But Iike a PP said I dont want to get in trouble for fraud. 
  • Options
    Just a thought, I don't know if you have to submit them but wouldn't it show up on your bank statements?
  • Options
    We're in the same situation because my husband receives his GI Bill BAH and they didn't ask me at my last two appointments. I wasn't really trying to hide it but now that I think about it, I should have mentioned it. They do ask if there is any other income in the household. I definitely don't want to get caught up in the fraud situation. Let us know what you find out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"