Stay at Home Moms

Wow.

I get my teeth yanked, lost this place for about a week and wow.  I know we wanted more activity over this way, but some of these posts/replies....yikes.  Keep that sh*t on whatever boards you came from.  We're nice over here.  What is up with posters lately?  It's not just over this way either.  Is it the stress of the holidays?  Drop a little something in your eggnog and simmer the flames a bit..... Indifferent

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wow.

• I just have to tell you how much I love your respect the turkey siggy.  I have been saying that since the day after Halloween when Christmas music started playing.  Yes, I've done some Christmas shopping, but come on...let's enjoy Thanksgiving!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to agree. I was away for a few weeks because I was getting annoyed with the ChaCha & anti-ChaCha posts. But wow.

It was a reminder of  why I left the nest to go to another mommy board.

• Loading the player...
  • imageShelly203:
    I just have to tell you how much I love your respect the turkey siggy.  I have been saying that since the day after Halloween when Christmas music started playing.  Yes, I've done some Christmas shopping, but come on...let's enjoy Thanksgiving!

Lol, thanks.  I'm a firm believer in holding off on Christmas until after Thanksgiving.  Time moves fast enough, let's not skip a holiday too yet!  With the exception of my Hallmark ornaments (which are out in July anyway) I won't even buy anything Christmas related until after Thanksgiving.  However, this year I bought DD#2's "Baby's First Christmas" stuff (out 3 days after Halloween!) already since the things that fit her go fast...I saw the other day that most of the item left were for 0-3 months old.  At 10 months, those won't fit Smile   

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDaisy77:

I get my teeth yanked, lost this place for about a week and wow.  I know we wanted more activity over this way, but some of these posts/replies....yikes.  Keep that sh*t on whatever boards you came from.  We're nice over here.  What is up with posters lately?  It's not just over this way either.  Is it the stress of the holidays?  Drop a little something in your eggnog and simmer the flames a bit..... Indifferent

I agree!!!!! 

• ditto.  i was coming around a lot.  but now i just poke my head in here and there.
  • I'm so glad you posted this.  I'm in my second trimester and usually I just lurk on the 2nd tri board.  I have never in my life seen such meanspiritedness towards other women in my life.  Ok, some women ask really weird questions, but they don't deserve the horrific treatment they get for asking those questions.  Some of these women are first time mothers who don't know and they're not given a break.  They're made fun of, laughed at, and sometimes belittled.  It makes me very sad and angry to see that.   As I said before, I just lurk and I come and lurk over here a lot because you guys are so much nicer.

I've felt compelled to say something to the people on the other boards, but I see no point.  I'll get flamed, belittled, etc..... and NOTHING will come of it.

• I agree. I don't get why people get off on being nasty to complete strangers. It's actually kind of sad.
  • Very sad.  And it took a lot of guts for me to post that because I don't want to get flamed.  These women can get VERY nasty.  For example, there's a guy on the 2nd tri board who truly cares about his baby and his girlfriend.  Well, he made one comment that they didn't like and now they're flaming him like crazy.  That's just crazy to me.  Plus, give the guy credit for caring about his child.  There's a lot of men out there who could care less about anything having to do with the baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"