VBAC
Options

Birthing class?

So we are meeting with a different dr at a hospital that will do a VBAC to get more information next week.  This is baby #2 - our DD was born at 30 wks 5 days - we didn't get to finish our birthing class.  Would you recommend taking a birthing class for baby #2 or just go with whatever the hospital staff tells us?

Re: Birthing class?

• Options
    If that is your only option it is better than nothing. However I consider hospital classes to be more about "how to be a good patient" than how to birth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    babyikebabyike member

imageHarper'smom:
    If that is your only option it is better than nothing. However I consider hospital classes to be more about "how to be a good patient" than how to birth.

This exactly.  

OP, you might pick up Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, Birthing From Within, or The Thinking Woman's Guide to Childbirth in addition to the hospital class.  Is there a local ICAN group near you?  If so, try to go to some of their meetings.  You will likely gain much more helpful information and support from them.

https://ican-online.org/chapter/search

HTH and GL! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with pp. I took the hospital birthing class and was not prepared at all for DS1. This time around I wasn't able to attend any classes,but did some reading. I feel better prepared this time. Also, our ICAN chapter offers a vbac birthing class. Unfortunately, they have only offered it twice while I was pregnant. Once at around 8 weeks ( a little early) and the next I was on vacation. I would check them out though. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies - looks like i'll be doing some more reading.  We live in a very rural area and not a lot of groups around to support a VBAC - considering i have to go an hr away to have one.  My local hospital is not equipped but at least my dr is supportive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"