Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

constipation??

What do u give to a 10 day old baby w constipation?!?!

Re: constipation??

• Options

my lil guy is 5 weeks and started getting constipated at 1 month old. He is formula fed with similac advanced and the iron can be constipating. My pediatrician said 1/2 oz prune juice mixed with 1/2 oz water as needed up to once a day.  It totally works and is natural and not habit forming.  Be prepared for some stinky blow outs tho!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    You can also mix brown sugar water. If it has been a few days you can give half a glycerine suppository. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could just take a rectal temperature.  It's not something to use all the time, but it defintely works like a charm every time. 
  • Options

Dr. Hodge said "This answer depends on whether the baby is breastfed, how is the baby feeding, is the baby gaining weight well, is the baby eating solid foods, is the baby's abdomen distended? How often does the child have a bm? Is the BM soft? Are they rock hard? Does the baby cry when he has a bm? The answers to these questions are necessary to determine TRUE constipation in a baby which is quite rare."

https://www.healthtap.com/user_questions/1291-how-can-i-cure-my-baby-s-constipation 

• Options

imagekel716:
    You could just take a rectal temperature.  It's not something to use all the time, but it defintely works like a charm every time. 

This.  A thermometer poop popsicle lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"