Houston Babies

Update and Thank You

So we're on night #3 of the crib transition.  It seems to be getting easier each night.  DS is quite stubborn and is still putting up a good fight initially but I'm still holding out hope that by the end of the week it won't take so long for him to fall asleep.

I'm going with the method kjr suggested.  Sunday night I didn't start the process until almost 10 (he had been sleeping in my arms before that) so it was a pretty rough night.  Last night I had him in his crib about 7:15 and he fell asleep about 8:20.  He slept until 2:30 when I fed him and he slept again until 5:15.  I just put him down about 7 tonight and he was asleep about 7:35.  We will see how long it lasts.

I really appreciate all of the support and suggestions that I got from my original post.  Of course I cried some the first night with him but I haven't since.  I know I'll be glad that I did this now when we all adjust to it.    

Re: Update and Thank You

• I'm so glad things are going well for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad to hear it is going well. We found it was worth it, even with a few mommy and daddy tears. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, good!  I am so glad to hear it is going well.  And the tears are expected!  At one point, DH found me laying on the floor outside of DS's door crying!  LOL  I wanted to go in there and get him! 
    But it is worth it in the end!

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Poor you.  I'm sure it's been difficult, but hang in there, it will get easier. 
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Wow - you guys are doing great!  I'm glad it's been such a success, and so quickly!

• Glad it is going well!  It is well worth it, so hang in there.  Even my stubborn, non-sleeping, post-colicky baby puts herself to sleep at night.  If it worked for Mia, it can work for (just about) anyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow!  It sounds as if it is going fairly well.  Hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"