December 2011 Moms
Options

any exclusive pumpers here? how many ounces each feeding?

and how many ounces in a day?

My daughter still takes 4 ounce bottles, but finishes 28-32 ounces a day. Is this typical? Should she get more ounces per bottle?  

Re: any exclusive pumpers here? how many ounces each feeding?

• Options
    i pump during the day and nurse at night. my lo takes 4 oz bottle every 3 to 4 hours and i make 9 bottles per day on a good day i freeze the rest.
  • Options
    T just started eating 5 oz on a regular basis. He has been a light eater since birth so I was able to get ahead of him and built a good freezer stash. He eats an average of 30 oz a day, but I can pump about 50. I think I have an over supply so I'm not sure what the 'norm' is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think if she's satisfied with the 4oz (typically "defined" as going 2-3+ hours between bottles I believe), then you're fine.  When I started back at work and had to send bottles, DD was flying through four 4oz bottles (every 2 hours) and she was pretty upset when she finished each bottle.  We eventually worked out way up to 6oz bottles and she takes 3 (every 3ish hours).  She can still down it pretty quickly so she needs to be distracted for a few minutes afterwards to realize she's full, but it's been working.

Her total intake seems good - BF babies typically take in 25-30oz per day, so you're right on track with 7-8 feedings of 4oz.  

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    DS takes 7 ozs each setting and has 5-6 bottles a day.... I pimp about 35 ozs a day
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter usually takes 7-8 4oz. bottles a day as well. We tried upping it to 5 oz. a couple times, but she acts like she doesn't want it after 4. She's very content with 4 oz. at a time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"