Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

sleep question?

ds still cries if we put him in the crib at night to go to bed...does anyone else's child still do this and when does it end...sometimes he watches tv on my lap and falls asleep within 10 min...he used to put himself to sleep but now doesnt want to anymore....but he does sleep all night.  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sleep question?

• Have you tried any sleep training methods? Ferber? NCSS?
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • We let DS CIO around 12 months or so.  He never really cried more than 5 -10 minutes before falling asleep.   If it was much more, I checked on him (I am a big wuss). 

• Loading the player...
  • Yes and no.  Some nights she cries, some nights she doesn't.  We actually find when we stick to a better routine/schedule then she goes down much easier.

Could he be teething?  When DD is teething we make sure she gets some tylenol before bed since their gums hurt more (and they notice them more!) when they are lying down.  

• i def think hes teething....but hes just stubborn too...i just didnt know when they just go down easy...like no crying or fussing...i hate to say it but those chicks on teen mom just throw their kids in the crib and u never here them cry or fuss.
  • We are having the worst time with this.  We tried to put him in his crib to sleep.  He would scream- so I did a bit of CIO.  He would fall asleep but when I would go in to check on him I smelled that he had a bowel movement.  He typically doesn't have them after dinner.  At first I thought it was a fluke but it happened enough that I think it was caused by being so upset and since you can't leave them in a soiled diaper overnight I would have to wake him up to change him.

So now he and I sleep on a mattress on his bedroom floor- this is not sustainable and I don't know what to do to change it.  He HATES his crib and screams whenever we try to put him in it.

I am going to follow this post to see what advice you get because I am at a loss! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"