Babies: 3 - 6 Months

(vent) DS' Reaction to something in the Rotavirus vaccine...

Argh!!!!  I was going to skip getting the second round because DS reacted when he had the first round at two months with vomiting and soupy poop for over a week and a half but was talked into doing the second round by our Ped who said "if he has a reaction this time around too, we'll just plan not to give him it in the future..." Well - I've been bathed in enough EBM/formula puke since getting it last Thursday to supply an army ARGH!!!  The worst was we were at a First Communion on Saturday and DS was just sitting there in my arm in a chair and BLLLUUUUPPPP!  All over my belly...  So no sooner than I had soaked through the only washcloth I had with me BlluUUUUUP!  All over my elbow and the chair I was sitting in at the guest of honor's house (thankfully it was leather BUT STILL!)..  DH got it all down his back...  I've had it all over everywhere else too since then.

All I can say is "WHY oh WHY did I not trust my instincts?!?!?" 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: (vent) DS' Reaction to something in the Rotavirus vaccine...

• It is still better than your child actually getting Rotavirus, and then spreading it to children who are unable to be vaccinated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you think he is puking badly now, just wait until you see how sick he could if he actually contracts Roatvirus!

I am sorry he had a bad reaction, but try to keep it in perspective.

"If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with it.  Hope LO feels better soon.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • My daughter had 42 days of diarrhea (every hour for the first few weeks) after the first shot.

I have discussed this extensively with the doctor, and she still thinks we should proceed with the other 2 rounds, but recommended delaying shot 2 until 6 months and shot 3 at 7 months.

Sorry you're having a rough time. It blows, but I'm sure it beats actual rotavirus.

• imagemabenner1:
    It is still better than your child actually getting Rotavirus, and then spreading it to children who are unable to be vaccinated.

:eye roll:

I'm so sorry you are going through that.  Totally sucks.  Even my pedi is hesitant about the Rotovirus vax, since the primary side effects are... well, the stupid virus effects.  As I am sure you know, be careful to wash your hands (and self) really well so you and other family members don't get it (since it is a live vax, it can spread).  Hopefully this trouble will be short-lived and protect against getting the full-fledged virus.

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Was it a shot? Our Ped gave it in a liquid form and my DD was only supposed to get two doses the last one before she hit 6mths. She said it was the new form, is that not what was given to your son?
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No, rotavirus is only available in live liquid form.... Hence the side effects! No fun, but certainly better than a hospital admission due to contracting rotavirus. So sorry you have to deal with that, ds gets an upset tummy for a couple weeks after, too!

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • imagemabenner1:
    It is still better than your child actually getting Rotavirus, and then spreading it to children who are unable to be vaccinated.
    This. The "reaction", if you want to call it that, is far better to have than the actual virus.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry your baby isn't feeling well, but the visual from your BLLLUUUPPP is cracking me up.

Contracting rotavirus infections really isn't the end of the world, but you would be dealing with pretty much the same thing, just from the other end. Rotavirus causes severe diarrhea...your choice which is worse Stick out tongue

Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • imageArcadianDreams:

Contracting rotavirus infections really isn't the end of the world, but you would be dealing with pretty much the same thing, just from the other end. Rotavirus causes severe diarrhea...your choice which is worse Stick out tongue

Half a million babies die each year from rotavirus.  So, for them, yes it is the end of the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"