August 2012 Moms
Options

Painting your toes

Can you still do it yourself has DH taken over?

I can reach (I'm very tall and the floor is quickly getting too far way) but I can't stay down there for very long. I'm trying to convince DH that he has to learn but just gives me the eye roll. Anyone else having trouble convincing DH? At least my sister will do it if no one else!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Painting your toes

• Options
    I had a difficult time doing this yesterday. But...I got the job done. Next time I need to get it done, I'll just have my sister do it. She did them when I was preg with DS, too.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just get a spa pedicure once a month and the polish is just chipping when I go for the next one. 
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepugznploons:
    I just get a spa pedicure once a month and the polish is just chipping when I go for the next one. 

this 

lolololo
  • Options

My DH will do it, but he prefers to send me to get a pedicure. I actually prefer the pedicure. 

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Still do it myself, but I'm quite flexible, so i just put one foot up on the other knee, sort of cross-legged.  I couldn't lean over and do a very good job at this point.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    DH would rather buy me groupons to get it done than paint mine for me.  we'll see how well that lasts.  i need to paint mine tonight.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    Getting them all done out- my treat to myself!!
  • Options
    I think my husband would be willing to do it but there's no way I would trust the job that he would do!
  • Options
    It seems so weird to me that someone wouldn't be able to do it themselves... I've always been fat and have a LOT of stomach fat sticking out, but it has never been an issue for me. I'm not even flexible, I'm just... able to do it. And I've been doing it since I found some formaldehyde free nail polish!
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options
    If I strain I can do it, but I prefer a pedi so I just do that LOL.  I get them e/o week or every 3 weeks.
  • Options
    imageAprilAngie:

imagepugznploons:

this 

I think I am going to start doing this. I can no longer paint them on my own and this sounds way more relaxing!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've never been able to paint my toenails or my fingernails for that matter! I am just not coordinated or patient enough.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SGC29SGC29 member
    I still can. I was able to all the way up until delivery with DD. I think I painted mine a few days before I had her. My belly got in the way quite a bit but I managed. 
  • Options
    I can't breath if I try to do it so when I actually need it done dh will do it, he doesn't really mind. : )
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I just had a pedi this past Saturday.  This will just be in my plan once a month for the next few months.  I find shaving difficult enough as it is nevertheless painting my toes.  No Thank You!!!

That is coming from a normally very low maintenance person!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

DH told me he'd cut my toenails for me... I told him that I appreciate the sentiment, but that I'd go and get a pedicure. I mean, I would cut his for him if he was immobile due to a cast/etc, but it's just kinda gross to me. I wouldn't want to do it unless he really needed me to. I don't really feel like lack of flexibility/belly in the way is enough of an excuse for me to get him to do it for me.

Painting my toenails on the other hand, I think I'd be ok with. Is that totally weird of me to say yes to one and no to the other?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I laughed at the concept before I even opened this! lol I can still reach them but I feel like I can't breathe the whole time I'm bent over. I've decided pedi's are just necessary during pregnancy.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A Pedi is too far away to just "run out and get it done" for me. It's a whole day thing and I'm just way too busy for that right now. I'm down to four day weeks now so I will have to schedule one for myself!!
  • Options
    Bare nails right now, but I will likely let him at least attempt it sooner than later - if for nothing else a good laugh!  :)  Depending on how successful it is will determine if I proceed with pedicures from here on out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was able to paint my toes the other day but, shaving is getting a little more difficult.  Sure hope the DF steps up his game soon. 
  • Options
    my DH painted my toe nails before I was even pregnant! He has no problem with it. This last time they were painted my 3 year old nephew called me out for not having them painted like his mommy's, so he and my sister painted them for me! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I can still paint mine.

I was able to paint them up until I delivered last time but it definitely got a little tricky. I had DH paint them once and they looked pretty terrible. hah

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    My DH offered...but he jokes that he wants to use his professional spray gun he uses for painting cars!  Haha!  He hates it when my toes are bare, so even though I *technically* can still reach to do it myself, I told him they are staying naked until he paints them!  Hopefully that will get me some pampering!

• Options
    I could technically do it myself, but it's so uncomfortable and I run out of breath really fast having to scrunch over like that. :-) I have given up and actually broke down and got a pedicure the other day- it's flip flop time and my toes are NOT going to be naked the entire summer! 
  • Options
    I haven't tried recently, but I've seen my husband paint a room.  He's not coming near my toes.  Luckily, I've still got some $ on a spa gift card he got me for Christmas.  I plan to use it for pedicure/wax before my pool party baby shower next month.
  • Options
    I have toes? I forgot all about them. I can't see them over my belly and past the cankles. I'm sure they are a mess. Better teach DH quick.
  • Options

imageJRBSEH:
    I've never been able to paint my toenails or my fingernails for that matter! I am just not coordinated or patient enough.

THIS!  I tend to bite my fingernails if they aren't polished and it drives DH nuts, and he hates feet...won't even touch mine unless I have socks on!  All of this adds up to DH gladly paying for mani/pedis while I am unemployed and gestating :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagepugznploons:

This. I cannot imagine how my toes would look if I asked my husband to paint them for me!!  

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I can just barely reach but I think DH is going to have to pick up the slack here pretty soon...
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"