Baby Showers

Ideas for group Thank Yous

DH's Bosses hosted a shower for me and 2 other soon-to-be moms this past weekend. Because there were 3 of us, it seems that it was decided at a staff meeting it would be easier to do monetary gifts. At the shower each table had a piggy bank with a name tag wrapped around it's neck. I don't know who contributed to our piggy bank and who didn't, so I don't know who to send a thank you card. I would hate to send thank you cards to everyone, and make someone feel bad for not contributing; or only send to those who attended, and miss someone who had contributed beforehand, knowing they wouldn't be able to make it.

So, I came up with the solution of sending baked goods to dh's work on Friday, with a thank you card to his bosses (they are a couple, so I figured one card would suffice). Do you think this is ok? What should I send? a cake, breakfast muffins, cookies, something else?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ideas for group Thank Yous

• That's a little tricky because normally I'm all for person thank you notes, but obviously that won't work in this situation.  I think that you definitely need to send a note to his bosses for hosting.  And maybe a second card for the office?  We have a bulletin board where cards and stuff like that go -- Like, the office sends new moms flowers in the hospital, and they always send the office wide thank you, which gets posted there for everyone to see.  I also love the baked goods idea.  Just about anything goes over in our office, but muffins for early meetings are always appreciated and so are afternoon cookie breaks (bonus pts. if you send milk too). :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• I agree with pp, I would do a thank you card to the hosts and then one to the office. I think any kind of baked goods would be nice. I imagine something that can be kept out and picked up throughout the day by the office staff would be best like muffins or cookies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto the others, do a thank you card to the bosses and one to the office or whoever attended the shower.  It won't make anyone feel bad if they happened to be sitting at the table that wasn't your piggy bank, just thank everyone for the gift and for being there and send some baked goods and you're covered.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since I agree with the others I'm gonna skip that part....I just wanted to say that was a really cool way and creative way to have a shower. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"