August 2012 Moms
Options

MIL felt LO

I'm not a fan of other people touching my bump, but as I was sitting outside with my DH & MIL today I felt LO start kicking and decided to let her share in the feeling. She was so excited she felt our son kick 2-3 times! :-)  She is a precious person and I loved seeing the joy she had from feeling her grandson for the first time! Then I realized that she is the only other person to feel our LO move besides myself and DH.

So it made me curious: Has anyone other than your partner felt your LO move? 

Re: MIL felt LO

• Options
    My mum tried constantly when I went to visit her a few weeks ago (her first grandbaby), but baby wasn't kicking hard enough to really be felt from the outside yet, maybe once a week.. but hard to catch.  It drove me a little crazy, her hand on my belly while we are out for dinner, etc... but as its the first time for her too, I let her do her thing lol.  So nope, nobody has felt our LO other than hubs and I so far.  Plenty try though, including some close coworkers haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    DD got kicked, but it scared the sh*t out of her.  It's been 3 weeks and she still won't touch my belly, poor kiddo.
    BFP #1: m/c at 8 weeks; BFP #2: DD born 6/9/09; BFP #3 m/c at 5 weeks; BFP #4 m/c at 8 weeks, D&E; BFP #5 DS born 8/12/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DH felt our little guy for the first time last night.  I have an anterior placenta and yesterday was the first day I was even able to feel him kick on the outside even though I am almost 24 weeks. 

I am so excited to share the little kicks! (With family and close friends, not the world!)

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Rox2012Rox2012 member
    My mom is the only other person so far :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We went to see my ILs last week and I told my MIL that she could feel if and when the baby was moving, but the little stinker decided not to play the short time we were there.

I have an anterior placenta also, so kicks are kind of sporadic and can't always be felt on the outside. DH has felt baby about 3 times now, but sometimes I'll call him over when I feel baby moving and he says he can't feel anything. I'm hoping the kicks become stronger in the next few weeks. We'll be visiting my family in about 5 weeks and I know my mom is really looking forward to feeling her first grandchild. 

T&Y Est. 7/4/2009

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    no one has been around yet to feel baby, but SMIL and FIL are comming for our birthday's this weekend.  if Addy will move, i'll have smil try to feel her.  She never got to have kids so is really enjoying sharing in our experience as much as she can.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options

I let my mom feel just this past weekend, but otherwise, it's only been my husband.

I really prefer that people just keep their hands to themselves generally, so my mom is probably going to be the only one.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"