High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Headache but bp normal?

Hi ladies

Last night and the night before our lo who is 2 1/2 has been up in the middle of the night. 2am-3am. Dh has gotten up with him but the breaks in sleep have left me so tired.

I nap when he naps but still even at that I'm tired. I'm a ftm so going all day is tiring being in the third tri and only 5 weeks left.

Today I think it all caught up with me. I napped longer than usual which was great but felt even more tired when I woke up. When I woke up I had a headache that's kinda been for a few hours on and off. I just feel tired. My bp is normal. Just had my urine checked Monday- no protein. I worry about headaches bc hx of pre-e with our first pregnancy.

Do you think the headache is related to exhaustion since my bp, urine and labs have all been normal! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Headache but bp normal?

• Options
    I get headaches all the time with this pregnancy.  A little caffiene and a tylenol and usual it goes away. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get a lot of headaches, too...Usually I wake up with them.  I think they are related to not drinking as much water as I normally do.  If I take a long nap or sleep later than normal, I almost wake up with a headache...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think headaches are completely normal in pregnancy. I'd just keep working on getting sleep as needed, and take Tylenol and have some caffeine.

FWIW, the pre-e related headaches I experiences were not 'on and off', they were relentless and awful.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    headaches can be normal, if it goes away with tylenol or caffeine or rest then it's probably just an annoying pregnancy headache :) If not, it doesn't hurt to get checked out. My pre-e with my first started with the headache, my BP didn't spike until the very end and by then the headache was so severe they were giving me morphine and I still had no relief.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    As everyone else has said, if it doesn't go away with tylenol or caffeine, then there's a problem. When I had high BP, I *KNEW* when my headache was from high BP. It was in a different place in my head and very, very intense. I always worried about headaches with my BP but once I started experiencing them, I knew the difference between just a headache and when I needed to call the doctor. Headaches in pregnancy are unfortunately, too common and normal, ugh!!! :(
    -Donna Married 11/19/09 Pregnancy #1: Son born March 22, 2011 after 3+ long months on bed rest due to PIH Pregnancy #2: Early miscarriage Pregnancy #3: Are we crazy for 2 under 2? Due 11/9/2012, diagnosed as Chronic HBP for this pregnancy along with gestational diabetes BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"