June 2012 Moms

XP: aden + anais Swaddle Blankets

Quick question for those who have used these before...we registered for them at Babies R Us and noticed that they are a bit cheaper on BRU website than on the aden + anais website. There is a bit of a side difference...like 44x44 compared to 47x47. My question is...does size really make a difference here? Thanks in advance!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: aden + anais Swaddle Blankets

• FemShepFemShep member
    The smaller ones, which are available at Target and BRU, are made of a slightly different fabric that isn't as soft or durable. Go for the bigger ones, not because of size but because of the fabric.
  • imageFemShep:
    The smaller ones, which are available at Target and BRU, are made of a slightly different fabric that isn't as soft or durable. Go for the bigger ones, not because of size but because of the fabric.

Yep. It's like a knock-off... like Missoni for Target. It's not the real thing.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • What the other ladies said! There is a ton of selection on Amazon, with different price points. A lot of them are on sale!! I bought mine off Amazon and love them very much, and they are a great deal!

https://www.amazon.com/aden-anais-Muslin-Swaddle-Jungle/dp/B002SW3B0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335885380&sr=8-2

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • APriceAPrice member
    imagelizzybean:

What the other ladies said! There is a ton of selection on Amazon, with different price points. A lot of them are on sale!! I bought mine off Amazon and love them very much, and they are a great deal!

https://www.amazon.com/aden-anais-Muslin-Swaddle-Jungle/dp/B002SW3B0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335885380&sr=8-2

Thanks everyone for the advice! I will check out Amazon! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got the version from Target and I think they'll do just great. They're plenty soft and based off of experience from swaddling my DS the size is perfect. I can't speak of their durability yet, but from what I read from reviews that wasn't an issue. The difference that people noted between the two versions was softness (but like I said the Target blankets are still very soft) and the fabric weave was looser in the ones from Target. I live in a hot/humid climate, so the looser weave is actually preferred.
    photo bdbc37ab-659f-4535-a8f5-66664be1731a_zps374ee4f8.jpg photo 7d0cb52d-ff7e-47d2-9933-babc60eba056_zpsdfc01e83.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Also, FYI...there have been hints that they will be on babysteals.com soon, in the past the 4 packs were priced at $27.99.  Sometimes they have them in the two packs as well, but I'm guessing it will be in the next few weeks.

ETA: Typically babysteals has the boutique ones, which are the 47x47 version.  They are super soft and only get softer the more you wash them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got the cheaper ones (at Buy Buy Baby) and I think they're super-soft especially after we washed them, and I find them to be huge -- much larger than a typical receiving blanket, which is what the hospital uses for swaddling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"