September 2012 Moms
Options

September is so far away...

This may be a silly question - perhaps this is completely normal but I just don't know it.  Do any of you ever feel like you just can't wait 5 more months?  I get so anxious and feel like time goes by so slowly!!  On the one hand yes, it's crazy to me that my pregnancy is more than half over but on the other hand, September feels like forever away, and I feel like I'm trying to push everything along rather than "enjoy my pregnancy" like everyone keeps telling me to do because "it goes quickly."  Every time another week goes by, I get this great satisfaction that I can check another one off.  Anyone else?

Re: September is so far away...

• Options
    StasiStasi member
    Here! Me too!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    I am really counting down too.  I am very nervous about PTL this time since we are expecting twins, so I just want to hurry up and get to a "safe" week. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally feel this way, too! It's crazy being half-way through because I feel like this first half has been quick and seems short, but looking across the whole summer to September feels like an eternity! 
  • Options
    Yep...the third trimester is the LONGEST imo! I felt like I was counting down the weeks until ds's due date. When I bought a gallon of milk that expired after my due date, that's when I knew it was really close! lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Y'all ate crazy wafers.  I was impatient the first time around, but this time I can wait.  The newborn period was much much much worse than even my worst pregnant day.  I can't wait til December when the babes is three months ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya. I'm not a patient person and nothing I do seems to hold my attention well. Even not PG, I always looked at Sept as so far away because it was on the other side of summer (if that makes sense). Summers are long here (AZ). I know I can wait because, well, I have no choice. But that doesn't seem to make it better.

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options

imageilovelife:
    When I bought a gallon of milk that expired after my due date, that's when I knew it was really close! lol

HAHAHAHAH Big Smile  This cracks me up and I'm totally going to remember this when my date comes around

• Options
    UGHH yes I feel like its never going to come. Plus, the first 4 or so weeks of pregnancy we technically didn't even know we were pregnant, so I don't count those for the waited so far period. Also, people keep saying "enjoy your pregnancy" but I am confused as to what it is that I am supposed to be enjoying? Yes, its nice to feel kicks now and then and go to ultrasounds, but for the most part I am just really bored and want it to be September! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep. I'm beyond excited about the baby and I want her fully cooked before she comes, but I'm ready for her to be out of my body. I don't enjoy being pregnant one bit.
  • Options

imageilovelife:
    When I bought a gallon of milk that expired after my due date, that's when I knew it was really close! lol

I did this today! I bought a gallon of milk that expires the day of our a/s. And i got it ON PURPOSE because it was that day and it made me feel better. Lol.

September cannot get here soon enough. I really enjoyed my first pregnancy so much, but this one has been an odd mix of crazy moods and sheer boredom. Id love to give birth tomorrow to a full term baby. (Never thought Id say that again! L&D is horrible!)  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Options

imagemsm261:
    Y'all ate crazy wafers.  I was impatient the first time around, but this time I can wait.  The newborn period was much much much worse than even my worst pregnant day.  I can't wait til December when the babes is three months ;)

Haha...right?  I absolutely hat the first 3 months of not sleeping.  I'm not wishing any time away.

• Options
    I actually can't believe it's MAY already.  This pregnancy is flying by and September is just around the corner.  It seriously will be here before you even know it.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    Actually... in some ways I can understand what you're saying but on the other hand I'm thinking CRAP I ONLY HAVE FOUR MORE MONTHS! I'm graudating from undergrad (yay for being a late "bloomer") and I'm so focused on getting through the next two weeks that I can't really focus on much more than that. We've not done much in the way of registering or...well anything really.. for baby so I feel pressure to get on top of it.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    I have had a pretty easy pregnancy so far, but I don't enjoy being pregnant.  It has gone by quickly up to this point, but I still feel like September is far away.  Maybe once I start feeling more movement and have my first a/s it will be enough to carry me the rest of the way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm right there with you!  Only I don't feel like this pregnancy has gone quickly at all. I feel like time has been practically standing still.  Quite honestly, I really have not enjoyed my pregnancy. And I feel bad about that, but I've just felt so stinkin' miserable most of the time.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options

While I dislike being pregnant, now that I know what's waiting for me in September, I'm finding it much easier to sit back and enjoy the time I have now.  ;)  On the one hand I'm ready to get it over with, but a few more months of maturity on my toddler wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!

I felt like this with #1.  Was terribly anxious and didn't know how I'd make it.  Somehow after 30 weeks, it all zooms by.

I am in no rush with this one! Ladies enjoy your solo time. Believe me, you will have zero time for yourself and your life is about to change in a BIG way. Just relax and enjoy being pg!
  • Options
    jbBeansjbBeans member

imageilovelife:

Haha, I always love this moment when I'm waiting for something!  

• Options

I also need time to slow down. There's too much to do before Sept.

But I agree this anxiousness is typically reserved for FTM. You feel, I just want my life/body/mind/old clothes back.  I'm tired of not sleeping/aching/gaining weight/not having a beer/etc. And yet you have no idea at all how little you'll remember those feelings after baby comes. As "annoying" as it sounds, enjoy your ability to do what you want, as you want now. I said it in another post, but there is nothing easier than carrying this baby around in your stomach.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"