2nd Trimester
Options

Glucose test Wed.

Hey all!  I have my 26 week appt. and glucose test on Wed am.  Not looking forward to this.  Has anyone had a bad sweet tooth during pregnancy and not passed?  I'm worried since junk food has made a way into my life.  I still try to eat healthy, but can't beat the cravings.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Glucose test Wed.

• Options
    I had it last pg and failed... but i wasnt into sweets at all (more spicy stuff)... this pg i'm ALL about the sweets- and I'm at a higher risk to have GD, so we'll see in 10 weeks!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I love sweets and passed with my dd. Do not eat sweets at least 24 hours prior to your appt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    Your diet won't make you pass or fail the test because it's about how your pregnancy hormones are impacting your pancreas' ability to regulate your insulin levels.  You don't need to avoid sweet in the days prior to the test.  The day of the test you should eat a high protein/low carb breakfast.  Then you drink the measured amount of glucola and they'll take your levels.  It doesn't matter if you had a Snickers the day before - it doesn't build up in your system :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Good to know...thank you!
  • Options

Mine is Wednesday as well. I have been pretty good with sweets during my pregnancy--and that is surprising since I have a huge sweet tooth normally.

But now, knowing my appt is tomorrow, all I am craving are sweets! It is driving me crazy! lol Only one more day! I am trying to not cave in too much, and just have a small piece of chocolate or something so I won't go crazy and then binge on anything sweet later.

Tomorrow morning, I plain to have some scrambled eggs for breakfast before the appt. So I should be all set.

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"