Babies on the Brain
Options

Regrets

What regrets do you have? I really regret not starting to aggressively pay off debt sooner. I took the financial freedom course at my church in Oct 2010. If we had gotten serious about it then, we'd be buying a house right now. I keep kicking myself for all of the times I just paid the minimum payments.

I also wish I hadn't held down 3 jobs in my last semester of college. My GPA suffered, and has kept me out of grad school (it's 0.07 too low).

imageimage
7,065/13,000=54.3%
Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah

Re: Regrets

• Options

Yuck, that sucks. But you'll be out of debt soon enough!

I regret never going on my Europe trip. I had all the money saved and an idea of an itinerary. I just never bought the tickets. I still haven't been outside the US and traveling appeals to me but I married a guy who doesn't even like going on vaca, he's a home body for sure. Going to Europe is the #1 thing on my bucket list. Someday.. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member

I really regret not realizing how much we could've saved before having J.  We were more frivalous (sp?), nothing crazy, but definintely could've been saving more. 

Also, I wish I would've kept my old car and just put J in a convertible seat to start, or maybe seen if he could've had his car seat on the side of the car (his infant seat didn't fit with DH in the car).  Instead, we bought a new car, and I really do regret it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I regret not starting to TTC immediately after I got married (we'd already been together for over five years). 

I also regret listening to DH's PCP when we had an appointment to ask about his varicocele, and whether or not we could get a semen analysis. She told us to wait for a year of trying, even though the varicocele were pretty severe (like, visible at all times).

When we finally got that first set of SA results, (count was only 3 million, motility was 24%) I really wanted to hunt her down. Basically, the entire first year of TTC was pointless and I still feel bitter about that.  

TTC with MFI, PCOS, and endometriosis since February 2010
    BFP January 20,2012, Loss confirmed January 22,2012
    March-August 2012: Various medicated/IUI cycles, all BFN
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy October 2012: Fall Cleaning, Uterus Edition
    BFP 2-17-12 @12DPO Beta#1: 256 Beta#2: 1061
    EDD:10-27-13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Cliche, I know.. but I hate having regrets, or naming them. I like to think everything (even bad choices) impacted my life now (which I love) so it's hard for me to list what I would have changed or had regrets over.

But if I have to pick, I think I'd day not saving up more $$ before having our daughter, and not paying off debt. After she came, it was much harder to save. 

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options

I know its so cliche but I really don't believe in regrets at all---I believe in starting fresh and the whole today is the first day of the rest of your life thing.

Our life is far far far from perfect. Of course I wish we had more money, I wish we saved more money, I wish I didn't waste time with a dumb HS boyfriend lol and all that jazz but I think just taking everything as a learning experience and not considering things to be regrets leads to greater happiness.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"